Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
I am not sure there is a bad color on the QV. Beautiful cars...
Agreed.

Misano blue was the color of the QV on display at the Chicago Auto Show. Looked good.

Still, I think I like prefer the darker of the 2 blue options.

In the end though I think I'll probably be the most flexible on color after my must have's of Sparco seats & carbon fiber steering wheel.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the Montecarlo blue and it looks great in person. One drawback to the MC blue is that is shows the orange peel. I had it professional paint correction and ceramic coated, but it still shows it a it. (No worse than other manufacturer though in this price range.) I don’t think that Alfa corrects or polishes the color cost before putting on the clear, so there is only so much that paint correction can do. (Unlike, for example, Ferrari.) I think that the lighter mor metallic Misano blue would likely show less orange peel.

The Tri-color red is likely more finished at the color stage, so that probably shows even less orange peel. Grey as well. Given the color of the carbon fiber, dark wheels and trim, grey might be the most seamless of the colors.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I finally saw the Misano blue and tricoat red in person the other day at the dealership. They were both beautiful, especially the red in the sunlight. There was BAD orange peel on the Misano though. I wasn't even looking for it but it was the first thing I noticed. I'm not sure if it was just that one car, or the color as a whole.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I finally saw the Misano blue and tricoat red in person the other day at the dealership. They were both beautiful, especially the red in the sunlight. There was BAD orange peel on the Misano though. I wasn't even looking for it but it was the first thing I noticed. I'm not sure if it was just that one car, or the color as a whole.
So my car showed up with a small dent in passenger door, and a small chip on edge of driver’s door. Both easily fixed. I am gonna recheck surfaces, but no real orange peel that I noticed. I even clay bar’d and polished myself. I am getting older tho and need cheaters for reading!
Gonna head out to garage with a light and my ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Has anyone seen a few Misano blue cars together? The ones I have seen at the dealers looked very different and I just attributed it to the lighting (showroom vs outside etc), as I loved the color in pictures, but the more I think about it, I am starting to wonder if the finish differs significantly from one example to the next.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think it looks better on the QV than the other Giulias. Those all look really good.

I have been debating this color but think I'll be going with Vesuvio Grey on a Q4. I have an Estoril Blue 335 and love that color, the Misano seems similar but I'm not sure if it fits with the base car / italian look. Unfortunately we have none within 100 miles for me to go see. Not sure how far I want to drive to see some paint colors lol.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I understand the appeal but the misano does come off a little bit boy racer to me (just my opinion) akin to what you find on a Focus. I think the limited interior options with this color doesnt help and could suggest that it wouldn’t be a hot resell option. I have a Vulcano now but reordered a 2018 which will be a Montecarlo blue/tan lusso interior. It too plays amazingly with the light conditions but has more of a graceful/subdued appeal. My wife’s pick even over the Tri-Coat red, don’t mind the extra 1500 in my pocket!

·
Registered
82 Posts
This car looks great in any color. I was fortunate enough to have a dealer close with every color offered so I could see first hand. I was torn between the MC blue and Misano.. but I loved the variation of color in the Misano. It even has purplish notes in certain lighting. To be honest, I’m a sucker for blue. Had my wrx in WRB, my Audi in Nogaro blue and now the Alfa in Misano!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts