Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still deciding on when to pull the trigger (current lease is up in Dec). There are enough tough choices on colors with the car already but wondering if there were any members that have fully wrapped. Did a search here but didn't see much.

Saw this green one online and although it looks stunning, don't think I have the cohones to drive it around town.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
If I was going to wrap i would not get a rosso comp or trofeo white. the others are 900 and I am not sure alfa basics are offered in the QV in 2019 colors i would think so. That is pretty cool looking. I would just avoid spending 2200 for a paint upcharge to cover it.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Madness has a CF mirror cover with ghost Alfa logo on it. I'd love to have that same concept as a wrap on the whole car

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been playing with an app on the iphone to just get an idea of some "different" colors.
Fun and interesting.

Original picture was the white.

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
some of my favorite of the rear (remember I live in S. Fl :)

I like the baby blue personally. If you do this make sure you have them black out the Giulia and Q4 badges otherwise they look like they get lost on those colors. JMHO.

what does it cost to do a wrap? I'm curious I thought about this but decided against it as i thought it would be too expensive.

·
Registered
767 Posts
couple others ...
I had a brief vision of driving that really bright purple one along Ocean Drive in Santa Monica on a Friday night... but then reality set in - sadly, I'm way too old for that. >:)

·
Vendor
996 Posts
what would it cost to wrap the Giulia? approximately. I know there are varying factors.
Yes, that will vary greatly. Depends on the shop that does it, the film you use, and the color. I've seen quotes for sedans in the $1500-$3000 range.

We had a hologram wrapped Giulia at the TX shop a few weeks ago that looked really nice.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Been playing with the app a lot and have it down to these two colors.

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
The second yellow on your original thread looked pretty good, but I think I would stick with a jungle green or the Visconti green that AR is using on the Stelvio. That way it might look somewhat original, while very unique.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
>>>might not even find these colors in wrap film<<<

Between Avery and 3M, there are more than enough options.
Was just at two wrap shops here in Boca and the options were pretty much endless.

Just some on online:
https://www.fellers.com/fellers-shopping/cat/colored-patterned-wrap-vinyls/sub/colored-wrap-vinyl/set/3m-vinyl-wrap-all-colors

https://www.fellers.com/fellers-shopping/cat/colored-patterned-wrap-vinyls/sub/colored-wrap-vinyl/set/avery-dennison-sw-900-supreme-wrapping-film

>>>What app is it? <<<

It's called "Change Color". Works best on finding cars that are white. Basically color the car first - found doing this in a dark color at full boldness the easiest to work with and then use the slider to play with all the different colors and shades.

Funny - one of the shops has a computer program that has an inventory of 3d computer graphic cars which allows you to pick colors but it still looked very primary. Showed him some pics of what I did and he immediately asked about the "software". Definitely more time consuming to do each car this way but a much better sell to customers to see their actual car in any setting they choose (their driveway or roads they travel) with the color they might want.

>>>what would it cost to wrap the Giulia? approximately. I know there are varying factors.<<<

For a full wrap including inside trunk, hood, doors, etc - looking at $2500-$2800.
This done at a high end shop in Boca Raton where McLarens, Lambos, Rolls, etc are done daily.

Still thinking about it.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I couldn’t find the “change color” app. Where can it be found please?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts