Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
They said that the proxy alignment is the problem, multiecuscan writes in a too slowy way, new gear selector can work on older model but he needs to be aligned by an Alfa Romeo official computer, they call it multialfa.
There is only one guy that told us that it’s possibile to do with a good OBD cable and a multiecuscan with Fast write mode turned on, we’re not sure about it.
Interesting. I've never heard of "multialfa".

Are you talking about this mode of MultiEcuscan?

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Giulia Super 2.2 JTDM
34 Posts
Interesting. I've never heard of "multialfa".

Are you talking about this mode of MultiEcuscan?
View attachment 107664
I’ve posted this pic to the guy, just to be sure!
I’ll report answer asap!
Multialfa is the way that they call the genuine Alfa software, it’s the recommended way to get the job done, but can be hard to find a seller that will do it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
They said that the proxy alignment is the problem, multiecuscan writes in a too slowy way, new gear selector can work on older model but he needs to be aligned by an Alfa Romeo official computer, they call it multialfa.
There is only one guy that told us that it’s possibile to do with a good OBD cable and a multiecuscan with Fast write mode turned on, we’re not sure about it.
Did they say what the proxi key we have to change? What is the new number?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did they say what the proxi key we have to change? What is the new number?
No, they actually are talking about witexedi, another system.
They haven’t replied to my request yet, i’ll write any news i can get about it

·
Registered
135 Posts
I know what is witexedi is the plataform to register Micropod !
has nothing to do with it

And Multialfa not is oficial diagnostic machine

no official machine changes the proxy

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
@Beta Romeo has access to Witech2 and perhaps if we have the changed Proxi keys we may be able to get this working once we cross the language barriers. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I found someone in FB saying someone they know has done it in Italy. But looks like the Proxi was not done correctly and the mileage was flashing. The gear lever lights up and gears change in manual mode too. He is trying to find more info. I will update when I know more.

Reactions: stocki

·
Registered
618 Posts
I'm in touch with someone aswell right now.

It's always the same story: someone knows someone who's done it. :rolleyes:
Strangely the people who've actually done it never turn up personally.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I don't see why a diesel should matter, the transmission is the same although mapped different but that is in the TCM.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I've tried it once more yesterday.

This time I tried to be sneaky and clever. Spoiler alert: it didn't work.

I disconnected the battery before disassembling anything. In addition to the "lower" main board I also swapped the white plastic thingy (motor).
This resulted in exactly the same issues as last time ("internal switches error", no lights on the shifter itself, ...).
The "shifter replacement procedure" in MES didn't even want to start executing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The only one is this, about a 2018 version:
Mi collego al post di Censored e lo ringrazio per avermi guidato nel montaggio della leva del cambio my2020 sulla mia 2018.
Funziona tutto correttamente!
Non c'è bisogno di nessuno strumento per allineare o cancellare gli errori.
Bisogna stare attenti a cambiare la scheda delle due leve (montando correttamente la calamita vincolata al cambio e che scorre su una guida attaccata alla scheda elettronica).
E ricordarsi di collegare il cavetto alla nuova scheda, prima di montare tutta la leva.

It basically says that there was no need to cancel or align nothing, he had to be careful on changing the internal circuit by correctly installing che magnet attached to the component and plug the cables correctly.
I'm not able to translate it with perfect accuracy, @Triumph23 can do a better translation.
The guy who i asked some other infos never replied me unfortunately, i'll keep searching for any news regarding the previous models!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
@Michele thanks for the update. I am not Italian, just a boring Brit! So can't translate much better unfortunately.

@stocki which year and build is your car? Where did you buy the shifter from and how much? I don't mind trying on mine. 2019 June build 2.9V6 with SGW bypass.

From Google translate:
I connect to the Censored post and thank him for guiding me in assembling the my2020 gear lever on my 2018.
Everything works correctly!
There is no need for any tools to align or erase errors.
You have to be careful to change the card of the two levers (by correctly mounting the magnet linked to the gearbox and which slides on a guide attached to the electronic card).
And remember to connect the cable to the new board, before mounting the whole lever.

101 - 120 of 138 Posts