Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
Giulia veloce 2.2 210, Giulietta 2.0 170 cv
7 Posts
They have retrofitted the OEM 2020 touch panel system into a 2019-earlier car? Impressive!
Yeah, those guys are really cool ..
Rightly, however, they do not share their "secrets" and unfortunately they are very far from me, otherwise I would have made them to configure the 2020 lever on my 2017 Giulia.

·
Registered
7 Posts
@stocki, the MES notes say the gear lever must be in Neutral, if it's not working how do you put it in N? You may have to leave in Neutral using the old lever.
You can put the gearbox in N by pulling simultaneously the two paddles, because the paddles are independent from the gear shifter lever.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yeah, those guys are really cool ..
Rightly, however, they do not share their "secrets" and unfortunately they are very far from me, otherwise I would have made them to configure the 2020 lever on my 2017 Giulia.
Ah I see. I was hoping that this was something that could be done remotely, i.e. send them the new shifter, they work their magic, and then send it back to the customer.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think is proxy change

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk Pro
I think there must be a proxi code for the 2017-2019 vs the 2020 style shift controller. There are too many variables to compare a 2020 to an older model to try and find the changed proxi values. Does anyone know if there is a proxi table or database that has been made for all known values?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think there must be a proxi code for the 2017-2019 vs the 2020 style shift controller. There are too many variables to compare a 2020 to an older model to try and find the changed proxi values. Does anyone know if there is a proxi table or database that has been made for all known values?
2017 vs 2020 don't have a lot of changes
I waiting for one 2020 shifter to test

In Emea who added remote start and want this menu
change bite 94 A0 to 80

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I emailed Eng Custom asking about the shifter upgrade and they replied promptly stating it is not something they are doing!

·
Registered
339 Posts
2017 vs 2020 don't have a lot of changes
I waiting for one 2020 shifter to test

In Emea who added remote start and want this menu
change bite 94 A0 to 80

I mean it would be difficult to separate which proxi keys are the ones we're looking for between a 2020 and a 2019. The radios, new telematics modules, the clusters, the adaptive cruise, wireless chargers and shifters are all different.. meaning that the proxi values would be different between the two in quite a few places. Trial and error could find the key, but it would make my brain hurt. When I figured out the Carplay on the 2017 that was discovered just by looking at a proxi from a base model 2017 and a base model 2019 and seeing the few values that changed. It was only like four numbers. Now do we have a comprehensive list of proxi values? Someone in Italy has to have one.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
There is always one... two! :rolleyes: :D

Reactions: Richardalfa

·
Registered
7 Posts

hi everyone, today I disassembled the pcb of the old lever, visually it looks like the same structure as the new pcb, it needs to be analyzed better, but it seems that the communication is entrusted to the eeprom lin "ata6662c" which then communicates with the microprocessor "pic16f1829" I do not exclude that simply by swapping the eeprom and the microcontroller from the old lever to the new it can be recognized.
I have to do some analysis and some tests.

·
Registered
560 Posts
ata6662c is LIN tranciever, nothing inside.
pic16f1829 has eeprom inside.

See what ICs are on new style shifter. In case of same ICs - swapping PIC could work, otherwise wouldn't even bother unless have a lot of free time and want to reverse-engineer whole code

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes on the top side I can see the 8pin LIN transceiver and PIC microcontroller underneath.
on the other side is an LED driver chip and a switching regulator.
This is a fairly standard LIN slave design.I doubt changing the micro will help you and also there may be a difference in the LIN messages between the Master LIN controller that communicates with the new and older lever.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ata6662c is LIN tranciever, nothing inside.
pic16f1829 has eeprom inside.

See what ICs are on new style shifter. In case of same ICs - swapping PIC could work, otherwise wouldn't even bother unless have a lot of free time and want to reverse-engineer whole code
you're right, forgive me, I'm confused, the night shift has a bad effect on me haha.
the ata6662c is a lin transreceiver that communicates with the pic, probably a simple swap of the ic's would work.
I have to understand how to disassemble the new lever without damaging it, disassembling the old lever is infinitely easier.
then having the two pcb in direct comparison I can do a small reverse enginering and understand if it is actually possible to make the exchange, also exchanging the main pcbs at the bottom.

·
Registered
7 Posts
who has disassembled the new lever could explain how he did it, if we succeed in this undertaking we could make a guide on the complete work.
if the basic scheme is the same between the two pcb, the swap of the pic16f1829 alone or its reprogramming starting from the reading of the old lever could be enough.
but if I can't disassemble the new lever I can't proceed ..

·
Registered
618 Posts
who has disassembled the new lever could explain how he did it, if we succeed in this undertaking we could make a guide on the complete work.
if the basic scheme is the same between the two pcb, the swap of the pic16f1829 alone or its reprogramming starting from the reading of the old lever could be enough.
but if I can't disassemble the new lever I can't proceed ..
I have a new one, but haven't tried to disassemble the top part yet.
Open for suggestions or ideas!

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Giulia Super 2.2 JTDM
34 Posts
I’ve just seen this post, sorry for the late!
By the way it should be a plug and play item when you have the 2019 model, but like in this picture i’ve seen multiple times this kind of modify even in older models.
Just write me what you need to do and i’ll ask to my friends here in IT.

·
Registered
618 Posts
View attachment 107650 I’ve just seen this post, sorry for the late!
By the way it should be a plug and play item when you have the 2019 model, but like in this picture i’ve seen multiple times this kind of modify even in older models.
Just write me what you need to do and i’ll ask to my friends here in IT.
It isn't plug and play for the 2017/2018 model.

Could you ask the people who have done it about what they had to do?

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Giulia Super 2.2 JTDM
34 Posts
It isn't plug and play for the 2017/2018 model.

Could you ask the people who have done it about what they had to do?
They said that the proxy alignment is the problem, multiecuscan writes in a too slowy way, new gear selector can work on older model but he needs to be aligned by an Alfa Romeo official computer, they call it multialfa.
There is only one guy that told us that it’s possibile to do with a good OBD cable and a multiecuscan with Fast write mode turned on, we’re not sure about it.

81 - 100 of 138 Posts