Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
They have retrofitted the OEM 2020 touch panel system into a 2019-earlier car? Impressive!
Yeah, those guys are really cool ..
Rightly, however, they do not share their "secrets" and unfortunately they are very far from me, otherwise I would have made them to configure the 2020 lever on my 2017 Giulia.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@stocki, the MES notes say the gear lever must be in Neutral, if it's not working how do you put it in N? You may have to leave in Neutral using the old lever.
You can put the gearbox in N by pulling simultaneously the two paddles, because the paddles are independent from the gear shifter lever.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yeah, those guys are really cool ..
Rightly, however, they do not share their "secrets" and unfortunately they are very far from me, otherwise I would have made them to configure the 2020 lever on my 2017 Giulia.
Ah I see. I was hoping that this was something that could be done remotely, i.e. send them the new shifter, they work their magic, and then send it back to the customer.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think is proxy change

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk Pro
I think there must be a proxi code for the 2017-2019 vs the 2020 style shift controller. There are too many variables to compare a 2020 to an older model to try and find the changed proxi values. Does anyone know if there is a proxi table or database that has been made for all known values?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think there must be a proxi code for the 2017-2019 vs the 2020 style shift controller. There are too many variables to compare a 2020 to an older model to try and find the changed proxi values. Does anyone know if there is a proxi table or database that has been made for all known values?
2017 vs 2020 don't have a lot of changes
I waiting for one 2020 shifter to test

In Emea who added remote start and want this menu
change bite 94 A0 to 80

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I emailed Eng Custom asking about the shifter upgrade and they replied promptly stating it is not something they are doing!

81 - 87 of 87 Posts