Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't think there are any although I wish there were 4, one in eack corner inside the trunk.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Are there any trunk tie-downs in the QV?
I didn't see any in my car.
I've been looking for something to keep things from rolling around in my trunk too. Even though I've got a 2018, this option wasn't available when I ordered it back in June, but it is now:

Cargo Convenience Package $250
INCLUDES:
Grocery Bag Hooks
Cargo Net
Cargo Tie Down Loops​

There aren't any pictures of the package, just this list of items.

·
Supporting Vendor
703 Posts
Cargo Convenience Package $250
INCLUDES:
Grocery Bag Hooks
Cargo Net
Cargo Tie Down Loops​
Our car has this package - I'll try to get some photos but it's pretty simple. There are 4 chrome loops and a cargo net which clips into them. The net is pretty small so you can't fit much under it - the OEM car cover is basically it size-wise. But since the loops are there it would be easy to get another cargo net if you need to hold bigger stuff.

I haven't noticed the grocery bag hooks yet, though.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks, I would like to see pictures. The hooks sound like they would be really useful.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is a strange oversight in a car like this; I hope we can retrofit the hooks easily. I don't care about the shopping bags, etc but I would like to secure luggage during spirited driving.

·
Supporting Vendor
703 Posts
Thanks, I would like to see pictures. The hooks sound like they would be really useful.
Here's a pic, unfortunately it mostly looks like a dark hole.

The chrome loops are recessed into plastic openings so they fold flat when not in use. Overall very useful to prevent stuff flying around when you are driving your Alfa like an Alfa.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,153 Posts

The chrome loops are recessed into plastic openings so they fold flat when not in use. Overall very useful to prevent stuff flying around when you are driving your Alfa like an Alfa.
Can you attach and tighten ratchet straps to those loops? Subaru comes with "hold down" loops, but they are really thin plastic such that you cannot use them for anything substantial.

·
Supporting Vendor
703 Posts
Can you attach and tighten ratchet straps to those loops? Subaru comes with "hold down" loops, but they are really thin plastic such that you cannot use them for anything substantial.
They seem pretty stout. They are definitely more substantial than the plastic loops in my old WRX.

·
Registered
129 Posts

Thanks for posting the pic - helps a lot. Now, if I could see the grocery bag hangers, that would be great. It just seems so strange to me that this trunk stuff is an option on 2018s, bur AR doesn't offer pictures.

·
Registered
271 Posts

Do we have a part number for this? $250 is cheap...

·
Registered
271 Posts
I hope this is sarcasm considering these loops cost probably 15 dollars to produce and should have come standard anyway
Not sarcasm...some of us don't care and it's an easy fix.

You want to cry about expensive things...my seat belts on my last Lambo where $2500 to change from black to yellow. It's all perspective my friend.

Someone please give me a part number. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts