Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Vendor
619 Posts
They are here from what I have heard, they should be arriving in about 1-3 weeks. They will be sold as 2017 models. Depending on what climate they are being delivered too will depend on if they are AWD or RWD.

IE: NY will receive mainly AWD Models and SC will receive RWD models (Excluding the QV of course)

·
Registered
418 Posts
We have a least 20 that are assigned to us sitting at the port in Baltimore. We were told they should ship at the end of the month.
Are all of yours showing in JB status? We went under new ownership/our dealer code changed mid December so allocation and such have been a bit out of wack.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
My dealer in Santa Monica, California received both Ti and base today.

The foreground is an Alfa Rosso Ti.
The center ground is a Competizione Rosso Ti.
The background is a blue Giulia base.
There was a white Giulia being PDIed.
Was told the had about 12 total in two shipments today.

What I noticed today is that the big aluminum paddles are column mounted. I was expecting them to be mounted on the steering wheel like the 4C.

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
My dealer in Santa Monica, California received both Ti and base today.

The foreground is an Alfa Rosso Ti.
The center ground is a Competizione Rosso Ti.
The background is a blue Giulia base.
There was a white Giulia being PDIed.
Was told the had about 12 total in two shipments today.

What I noticed today is that the big aluminum paddles are column mounted. I was expecting them to be mounted on the steering wheel like the 4C.
Nope. They actually suggest it as a selling feature that they are column mounted. I like it, just takes some getting used to as I drive steering wheel mounted vehicles much more frequently.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Nope. They actually suggest it as a selling feature that they are column mounted. I like it, just takes some getting used to as I drive steering wheel mounted vehicles much more frequently.
Right. Which is why the Giulia paddles are so much bigger than the 4C paddles. The 4C paddles are almost always where my fingers are. The Giulia is something that I'll need to experience for a while. I did get a short test drive in the Quad, and never had an issue with the paddles. But once around the block won't show off much of anything except that I'd like more seat time. I've been in a few cars that don't do anything for me and I don't want another chance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Those paddles are amazing! They're basically straight from Maserati and Ferrari tends to mount their paddles on the column. The engineers and test drivers strongly prefer the column mounted paddles for performance driving. And these paddles are so much nicer than most, solid aluminum with a great tactile feel and a solid click. Just absolutely superb. Steering mounted are generally cheaper and easier, the designers of the 4C wanted them to have column mounted shifters but were overruled by bean counters basically. Column mounted is the way to do it.

But anyway, yeah the cars started shipping from port a little less than a week ago. On the West Coast, they'll radiate out gradually from LA and on the East Coast they'll radiate gradually from Baltimore. Future shipments will be routing through multiple ports on each coast so we'll see cars delivered faster after this first batch (in addition to not having to sit at port for over a month of course)

We have about 8 I believe in Baltimore and another boat coming to Florida within a couple weeks.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Ferrari parts bin paddles ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got this from my local Alfa Romeo dealership

The Giulia Ti is inbound from the port of entry in Baltimore and I expect the car during the first week of February.

I will notify you when it arrives and certainly you are welcome to test drive.

I am eagerly waiting for Ti. My first Alfa, hopefully many more to follow.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Got this from my local Alfa Romeo dealership

The Giulia Ti is inbound from the port of entry in Baltimore and I expect the car during the first week of February.

I will notify you when it arrives and certainly you are welcome to test drive.

I am eagerly waiting for Ti. My first Alfa, hopefully many more to follow.
Where is this dealership located?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dealers in GA/AL/TN/LA etc should be getting their first cars within a week, it looks like the ones for this whole general area went KZ status (almost here) overnight last night. Ours in Birmingham show an ETA of between tomorrow and February 2nd. That's probably the most accurate information dealers will get until we get a call from a truck driver saying he's almost there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
atlanta area

Yep.... heard atlanta area cars are en route... I'm pissed, bc going out of town in AM until sunday!!
I"ll have to wait until monday to lease one/buy one.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Visited a local dealer today, who just received 10 Giulia base/Ti models a couple of days ago. The small FIAT showroom suddenly became overflown with Giulia's! :smile2:

The cars include all colors except the 2 whites and Alfa Black. IMO there's no bad color here, all look nice in there own way. When compared side by side however the Tri-coat Rosso definitely pops more than the Alfa Red which is a shade darker. Vulcano Black looks better than I expected in person - it actually has a shade of deep gray which adds depth to it. Didn't see any car with yellow calipers though. Also, it looks like none of the initial cars are configured with performance pack (active suspension/LSD).

Test drove a Giulia Sport. The highlight for me was the paddle shifters - the quick shifting and tactile feedback of the paddles made it really satisfying. (Still going to miss the stick shift though...) Didn't spend too much time scrutinizing the interior but everything looked and felt solid.

This is a Vulcano Black with "18-inch Sport" wheels. They have a low-gloss matte finish.

Silverstone Grey with turbine wheels, and Montecarlo Blue with 10-spoke wheels

Left to right: Montecarlo Blue, Rosso Competizione tri-coat, Vesuvio Gray, Alfa Red

The Giulia Sport I test drove (Alfa Red)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts