Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys know of any reputable shops in the LA area that do good work on our Quadrifoglios ? I'm taking about a shop that can work on alignments/suspension, brake jobs, engine modification installations like exhausts, downpipes, etc. ?

I need a full on brake job (GiroDisc rotor upgrade, pads, and a brake flush) at the moment but I also have future plans for the car and I would like to take it to a place that knows the intricacy (at times) of our cars.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You can call Anthony at Santo's Italian Car Service. He a shop in Northridge and I have had done work on my Quadrifoglio there (replace breaks, spark plugs, oil, etc.) He's cheaper than the dealership and might be able to add your mods. He also owns a Quadrifoglio.

·
Registered
2000 Audi S4 Stage 3+
61 Posts
Dorian Valenzuela at DV Mechanics is a great guy and an expert Alfa mechanic. He generally works on classic Alfas, but he’s a Giulia QV owner as well and may be able to help with things of a more mechanical nature (I don’t believe he has all the equipment to deal with software issues, although I may be wrong). Worth giving him a call to find out.

·
Registered
572 Posts
For the alignment go to West End in Gardena. They have essentially a cult following. It doesn’t take much research online to prove this statement.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Honestly, I am surprised that any shop in California is still willing to remove or tamper with emissions control devices like installing downpipes, ECM reflashes, etc. (catted DP's are still considered tampering). CARB has staff that troll forums like this one looking for information about places that will do illegal mods as well as a number of field inspectors. Since about 2019, there has been a big effort to stop the practice by shops and individuals to tamper and that year the maximum penalty was raised from $3,750 to $37,500 per violation, including to the car owner. Not trying to be a downer here, but this is what the situation is in CA now so folks should be aware before performing mods. CARB actually does not want to fine the shops rather educate them about the law and stop the behavior through SEMA and other outreach. But after awhile, they will start to move more aggressively.

This last forbearance does not apply to idiots that "roll coal" however. CARB has already fined a number of those individuals and I think maybe impounded some pickups, too.

QV owners that mod probably won't have very high risk of being caught, though. Also the first I/M inspection is 8 years after purchase unless the car is from out of state so an altered ECM checksum/CALID from a flash would not be detected for a long time. However if there is a roadside inspection catless downpipes would probably be noticed, and it is possible that in future years the roadside inspectors will get linked in to the CARB database of ECM coding so a reflash might get caught. Again, just something for us CA residents to think about.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts