Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just ordered mine 2 weeks ago - now the wait.
I haven't seen one in person yet - hopefully there is one at the NY Auto Show in a few weeks.

Thanks

Mike

·
Super Moderator
1,091 Posts
Philadelphia suburbs here. Where are you located?

As far as I know, all of the Quadrifoglio's that were delivered to PA were sold to out of state enthusiasts (except for mine). The reason i know is that subsequently my car has been invited to 3 different dealer launch parties. They wanted a Quadrifoglio on display and I was the nearest.

Worked out really well and at one of them i was given a new Levante for a few hours while they prepared for the party.

What color did you order?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in the Lehigh Valley - Nazareth
I ordered the Red Competition Tri Coat

My dealer has told me that cars were sold to CA over list and shipped there...

Mike

·
Super Moderator
1,091 Posts
There has been the typical dealer shenanigans here and there. I got lucky and my dealer stayed true to their word and I was able to pick it up the first week of January.

Same color here. The tri-coat is absolutely stunning. The chameleon effect from light to dark makes the color change and jump off the car at the same time.

Will have to get the card together when your's arrives!

Any eta on the delivery?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered 2 weeks ago and they told me 4 months wait so we shall see.
It appears there may be limited supply of some components for the QV (engine or carbon fiber perhaps).
I've also seen rumors of a possible 2 door, in addition to the Stelvio so I assume they can produce the regular models in quantity.

We definitely will need to get together when mine arrives ����
I am replacing a 2014 Camaro ZL1

I also have a 1993 Viper, a 2005 Viper truck, 1993 300ZX TT, and a 2004 Subaru STi

Mike

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Super Moderator
1,091 Posts
Similar car taste here ala twin turbo on a lot of stuff. Corvettes, Audi's, Mustangs, Cadillac and an original SS454 truck. Built a 10 car garage a few years ago and need to start double staking. Out of room!

Seems like the Quadrifoglio will be verrry limited for 2017. The Italians must shut down the production lines to switch models. One can only suppose. Less than 100 arrived to the states initially. There have been only a few VINs in the 30k range since then through the last 3 months (early cars are 17 and 18k VIN). Since then the shores have been bombarded with the 2.0T models galore. Most dealers seem to have received 5+.

It's worth the wait!

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Glad to hear its worth the wait :)

I have been running with a 4 post lift for years - now have 2 garages.
very nice...had a similar set-up in my old home...but now I downsized as we are empty nesters...had to move my other cars to a warehouse...
could be worse...
you will enjoy the Alfa....all the brutal acceleration with a refined handling....

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I just ordered mine 2 weeks ago - now the wait.
I haven't seen one in person yet - hopefully there is one at the NY Auto Show in a few weeks.

Thanks

Mike
Nice, so the interiors were limited to the brochure choices correct? Black, contrast stitching, alcantara/leather and only red or ice accents, carbon or regular seats?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup - pretty much exactly like the brochure.
I ordered the red accents with red stitching, and the standard seats.
They are on the 3rd version of the brochure - check out auto-brochures.com
The latest have the new lower Nurburgring time of 7:32 (auto trans).
The older versions of the brochures have the 7:39 (manual) time.

Mike

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Thanks Mike I got one from Herb Chambers out here in Millbury. Red stitching and accent is what I would do too! Good call. Got my tax refund yesterday so I am one step closer. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I stopped in to Alfa of Wilmington Pike (which is just over the PA border from Delaware) a couple of weeks ago and they told me at that time that with a deposit I could have one of three allocations they had for a May delivery (and that they expect to have a few more for a delivery expected in August). Unfortunately, the dealership-- like many, I am gathering-- know little about the car and even less about Alfa terms such as warranty, maintenance, etc. I currently own an M3 that I love, so it would have taken some professional salesmanship to get me out it and into an unseen Q at sticker price, but unfortunately the experience was lacking and made me feel pretty insecure about going forward.

Just throwing this out there in case someone is ready to pull the trigger and looking for a dealer with allocations.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
I stopped in to Alfa of Wilmington Pike (which is just over the PA border from Delaware) a couple of weeks ago and they told me at that time that with a deposit I could have one of three allocations they had for a May delivery (and that they expect to have a few more for a delivery expected in August). Unfortunately, the dealership-- like many, I am gathering-- know little about the car and even less about Alfa terms such as warranty, maintenance, etc. I currently own an M3 that I love, so it would have taken some professional salesmanship to get me out it and into an unseen Q at sticker price, but unfortunately the experience was lacking and made me feel pretty insecure about going forward.

Just throwing this out there in case someone is ready to pull the trigger and looking for a dealer with allocations.
do you have an F80??..if so I came from an F80...mine was a pre-CP car....and the Quad is much more enjoyable to drive and not from just a power perspective...another board member here @mc3456 just got out of his newer modded F80 M3.
I get the dealer feeling believe me...unfortunately there seems to be a wide spread on Alfa dealers as far as service/knowledge/customer care....find yourself a dealer that also deals in Maserati/Ferrari...perhaps you might have better luck...OR I believe @Cupshot here is close to you...VA??
Good Luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
do you have an F80??..if so I came from an F80...mine was a pre-CP car....and the Quad is much more enjoyable to drive and not from just a power perspective...another board member here @mc3456 just got out of his newer modded F80 M3.
I get the dealer feeling believe me...unfortunately there seems to be a wide spread on Alfa dealers as far as service/knowledge/customer care....find yourself a dealer that also deals in Maserati/Ferrari...perhaps you might have better luck...OR I believe @Cupshot here is close to you...VA??
Good Luck
Yes, I have a 2015 F80. The dealer I mentioned is also a Maserati dealer. The salesman even said something to the effect that if I was asking about Maserati's he'd have all the answers (which didn't in the end make me feel any better :)). I didn't burn any bridges and I told him to give me a call if/when he actually has a Q that I can see. As more get sold, maybe I can find someone here who is close by and willing to give me a ride!

·
Super Moderator
1,091 Posts
Yes, I have a 2015 F80. The dealer I mentioned is also a Maserati dealer. The salesman even said something to the effect that if I was asking about Maserati's he'd have all the answers (which didn't in the end make me feel any better :)). I didn't burn any bridges and I told him to give me a call if/when he actually has a Q that I can see. As more get sold, maybe I can find someone here who is close by and willing to give me a ride!
For the last 10 minutes I've been trying to think of the salesman's name that I met from that dealer. Can't find his card either. Shorter older gentleman gray hair.

Persistence pays off. Ended up getting mine from Malvern. The Italian way seems to be to establish the relationship then buy 2nd. The Quadrifoglios are all but unobtaniuom. Surprised they say they have a few open allocations. Tax free Delaware! (Until titled in your home state)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One day ago she was just listed as In Transit.
Now she is here.
Pickup on Monday.
Wow!

Attachments

Reactions: MDriver

·
Super Moderator
1,091 Posts
Very cool. That makes the official PA rosso-competizione count to a whopping of "2" ! You're in good company ;)

It's exciting to get there before they pull the safety tape from the doors, right? Brand new... in the wrapper!

How many miles on the car ?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.