Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like the stock sway bar drop links on the giulia are pretty thin and obviously not adjustable (see video below) but I can't seem to find any aftermarket adjustable drop links for this car, so I'm thinking of getting some made and just wondered if there would be much interest from anyone else? Obviously price dependent, but just wondering if there's even any market for this at all.

I know you can use the thicker drop links from the Stelvio as shown in the video, but they're not adjustable so not ideal for lowered cars.

· Premium Member
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
120 Posts
Maybe try SuperPro Suspension Parts. I use them on my Spider at the lengths needed there. There is nothing for Alfa in the drop downs but if you contact them directly, they may have something they can put together. The ball joint threaded end is pretty universal, just have to get the right length body.

Reactions: ChrisD28

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe try SuperPro Suspension Parts. I use them on my Spider at the lengths needed there. There is nothing for Alfa in the drop downs but if you contact them directly, they may have something they can put together. The ball joint threaded end is pretty universal, just have to get the right length body.
Yeah I'm sure I could put something together easily enough from universal parts for myself, but I figured if I can't find any off the shelf ones for this car then other people probably can't either. So instead of just making something for me, may as well see if there's enough interest from others to make it worth developing an off the shelf solution for everyone

· Premium Member
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
120 Posts
Yeah I'm sure I could put something together easily enough from universal parts for myself, but I figured if I can't find any off the shelf ones for this car then other people probably can't either. So instead of just making something for me, may as well see if there's enough interest from others to make it worth developing an off the shelf solution for everyone
Well, yes. But that is also what I meant by contacting SuperPro to have a line item created by giving them the specs needed for the Giulia. Sometimes you get Freebies if you help them bring something new to market. My Spider has quite a few custom parts that are now sold "off the shelf" that I was given in exchange for helping with specs/fitment/etc. It's all in how you pitch it to them!

Reactions: lockem

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice,
Let me know how you get on with these.
I've had them fitted for about 6 weeks now and also got a pair anodised and installed them on a friend's lowered QV a couple of weeks ago as well.

Nickel Household hardware Cylinder Auto part Engineering

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread Bumper Automotive exterior

They're perfectly functional but I'm just trying to get to the bottom of a rattling sound that appears after a few days of using them. Same thing happened for both cars - at first they were silent, then after a day or two you start getting a rattling sound when going over small bumps at low speed. Need to try some different rose joints and see if I can narrow down exactly what it causing it. Could sell them with a warning that they will increase NVH but I'd rather see if there's something we can do to reduce that first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts