Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would buy a Ti Sport RWD diesel tonight. Black with the black & red leather interior.

Will this car be available for me to buy? I really want one and would give up my BMW diesel if Alfa would let me buy one!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I wouldn't count on it. I just don't think the market for diesels is big enough here. Plus with how insane the performance is on the 280hp car, I have a feeling they would have an extremely hard time selling the diesel given how much slower it is. So unless sales suddenly and miraculously skyrocket beyond what they are now with the current cars, I don't think we'll be seeing the diesel here any time soon.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I didn’t see anything in their 5 year plan to bring diesels here. It appears that the new development will be toward hybrid and electri outside of petrol

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,727 Posts
When using real world fuel use measurements and comparing modern "clean" diesel to modern direct injection gasoline engines it seems that the fuel use advantage is gone now, particularly if CO2 emissions are compared. In the USA diesel fuel often costs about the same as premium gasoline too.

In Europe they seem to be able to utilize highly inflated fuel use measurements for diesels and there used to be tax incentives (maybe there still are) to buy diesel.

Of course most diesels require less maintenance than gas engines.
Diesels do not like very cold weather.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When using real world fuel use measurements and comparing modern "clean" diesel to modern direct injection gasoline engines it seems that the fuel use advantage is gone now, particularly if CO2 emissions are compared. In the USA diesel fuel often costs about the same as premium gasoline too.

In Europe they seem to be able to utilize highly inflated fuel use measurements for diesels and there used to be tax incentives (maybe there still are) to buy diesel.

Of course most diesels require less maintenance than gas engines.
Diesels do not like very cold weather.
Sad that we won't get the diesel here.

AFA your note about cold weather, that's not been my experience at all. My current diesel car starts almost immediately even down to 0° outside - at most 3 seconds on the glow plugs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts