Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I've been doing a ton of research and test drives, looking to buy my first real "grown up" car. I thought the Model S was alright, then I thought the CTS-V was great, then the AMG C63 was fantastic... then I drove the black QV at the Kirkland dealership and HOLY CRAP. I need it. I was going back and forth, being indecisive and wishy washy, but as soon as I drove that QV, it was over. I don't particularly want CCBs or the racing seats, so I'll be ordering one very very soon (like tomorrow). I live near Olympia, but I was going to order through the Kirkland dealer until they told me they wanted $10k down. Now that I've researched on here more, I'll be going through the Tacoma dealership with $1k down. I'm waiting for the official green light that they can actually put an order in, then I'm speeding down there in my 2007 Mazda 3 (the QV will be a bit of an upgrade haha). Anyway... the ~6+ month wait is going to kill me, but I can't freaking wait.

Now if anyone has tips for choosing an exterior color, let me know. That Vulcano black was beautiful in the sunlight, it was almost more of a dark graphite with how much sparkle it had. The reds are gorgeous, of course. But that new Misano Blue is kind of catching my eye. I wish I could see it in person. I want to see the Vesuvio gray in person also. Ugh, decisions decisions. Anyway, glad to be here, can't wait to "officially" join you guys.

·
Registered
118 Posts
welcome aboard.. like you I looked at AMG, ultimately deciding the Alfa had better overall balance, ride, style etc.
My take on colors is based on years of owing silver black white and red and grey cars... in the alfa, the best colors depend on whether you purchase the sport trim, or a Q ( both have the blackened trim), and which wheels .. i agree the misano is awesome, but my dealer still wont tell me if its a 100% available in USA for MY 2018. The Vesuvio is probably one of the best grey out there-- the shine, sparkle, depth etc looks great, especially if you toss in a set of colored calipers. I ended up getting trove white because it looks great with the carbon of the QV but obviously its your choice. the limited black interiors on QV and sport also affect color choice IMO

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
A little piece of advice, I would put the order in for your MY18 QV ASAP.
I placed my order in on June 10 and am still waiting for AR to accept the order for the built of my QV......
BTW, the QV looks great in any color, just pick what really moves you the most......
Good luck!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hello everyone, I've been doing a ton of research and test drives, looking to buy my first real "grown up" car. I thought the Model S was alright, then I thought the CTS-V was great, then the AMG C63 was fantastic... then I drove the black QV at the Kirkland dealership and HOLY CRAP. I need it. I was going back and forth, being indecisive and wishy washy, but as soon as I drove that QV, it was over. I don't particularly want CCBs or the racing seats, so I'll be ordering one very very soon (like tomorrow). I live near Olympia, but I was going to order through the Kirkland dealer until they told me they wanted $10k down. Now that I've researched on here more, I'll be going through the Tacoma dealership with $1k down. I'm waiting for the official green light that they can actually put an order in, then I'm speeding down there in my 2007 Mazda 3 (the QV will be a bit of an upgrade haha). Anyway... the ~6+ month wait is going to kill me, but I can't freaking wait.

Now if anyone has tips for choosing an exterior color, let me know. That Vulcano black was beautiful in the sunlight, it was almost more of a dark graphite with how much sparkle it had. The reds are gorgeous, of course. But that new Misano Blue is kind of catching my eye. I wish I could see it in person. I want to see the Vesuvio gray in person also. Ugh, decisions decisions. Anyway, glad to be here, can't wait to "officially" join you guys.
I live in Tacoma with a Trofeo white Quadrifoglio. Best color in my opinion... i may be biased to that. Let me know if you want to check it out before you buy.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A little piece of advice, I would put the order in for your MY18 QV ASAP.
I placed my order in on June 10 and am still waiting for AR to accept the order for the built of my QV......
BTW, the QV looks great in any color, just pick what really moves you the most......
Good luck!
Thanks, I have today off, so I'm going to try to get it placed today. Still have to pick a color though...

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)

There's something about a red Alfa that is just so right. Our Giulia Ti Q2 is Montecarlo Blue because our daily drivers are both red. Fiat 500 and Alfa 4C. Montecarlo Blue is an essence of pearl. The hue changes from light blue to dark blue with shades of purple in between. There's a fine mist of metal flake that makes the shimmer.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I live in Tacoma with a Trofeo white Quadrifoglio. Best color in my opinion... i may be biased to that. Let me know if you want to check it out before you buy.

I decided on the Vulcano Black... but I'm already second guessing myself. I've been changing my mind every half hour or so for the past couple of weeks. With the CF parts, dark 5 hole wheels, and the dark vents/grille, I'm thinking the white would provide great contrast while the black will kind of make those features blend in. The guys at the dealership were gushing about how much the trofeo white shimmers and pops too, but unfortunately they didn't have anything painted that color. Do you have any good photos of yours in the sunlight? I just might change my order... Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
I decided on the Vulcano Black... but I'm already second guessing myself. I've been changing my mind every half hour or so for the past couple of weeks. With the CF parts, dark 5 hole wheels, and the dark vents/grille, I'm thinking the white would provide great contrast while the black will kind of make those features blend in. The guys at the dealership were gushing about how much the trofeo white shimmers and pops too, but unfortunately they didn't have anything painted that color. Do you have any good photos of yours in the sunlight? I just might change my order... Thanks
Gorilla, first off congrats on the order! Second - gotta love T-town (I'm in Seattle)! Third: just my opinion, but I think the Quad looks best in any or Red, Volcano Black, or Monte Carlo Blue.. Volc Black with yellow calipers is a great look. Vesuvio Grey would be my #4 choice.. My Ti is Rosso Competizione, but if I woke up tomorrow and it was VBlack I'd be ok with it!

·
Registered
94 Posts
These are the best pics that i have. I spend more time cleaning and driving than i do taking pictures! The white makes everything pop. That's why i choose it.

Can you tell that i like the Italian brands?

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
These are the best pics that i have. I spend more time cleaning and driving than i do taking pictures! The white makes everything pop. That's why i choose it.

Thanks for the pics. Yesterday, I almost emailed the dealer to have them change the color to white. Then I almost emailed them to change it to red. Then I watched a few YouTube videos of the black again and calmed down. I think I just need to stop thinking about it and relax, I'll drive myself crazy changing my mind 4 times a day until December.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Yesterday, I almost emailed the dealer to have them change the color to white. Then I almost emailed them to change it to red. Then I watched a few YouTube videos of the black again and calmed down. I think I just need to stop thinking about it and relax, I'll drive myself crazy changing my mind 4 times a day until December.
I think all the colors offered by AR are nice colors. I think you just anxious. And you should be, this is an exciting thing.

I'm not a guy that would buy a white car, but I saw a white Giulia driving down the Blvd. the other night and thought it was just gorgeous. Both me and my wife, our first choice in Giulia color was red. But, we each already drive red Italian cars and decided a third red Italian car would be a bit much. Oh, for the lack of choices. We went back and forth with paint color and interior choices and the combinations. Finally settled for Montecarlo Blue and cream with walnut interior. Then after we place the special order, started re-thinking it all over again. Now that the car is here, we are very happy with our blue/cream choice.

I have no doubt that you've made good choice.

·
Registered
62 Posts

Welcome aboard neighbor. I'm from Lacey and, like you, I drove a Mazda 3 until I took the plunge in April for a base Giulia I purchased at the Alfa dealer in Tacoma. So, if you see a very old guy tooling around town in a Montecarlo blue Giulia, I am the man.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome aboard neighbor. I'm from Lacey and, like you, I drove a Mazda 3 until I took the plunge in April for a base Giulia I purchased at the Alfa dealer in Tacoma. So, if you see a very old guy tooling around town in a Montecarlo blue Giulia, I am the man.
I fit that description. Although I don't live near Tacoma, I've done a few road trips in my day. We drove our 4C to Seattle and back a few years ago. This summer we're driving our Montecarlo Blue Ti to Maine and back. Did I mention I enjoy driving?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey there, got your pm but can't respond to it until I've posted 10 times apparently. I'll keep an eye out for you!

·
Registered
170 Posts

****, white looks good. Going to need lots of washes to keep clean :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.