Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a service appointment scheduled for Tuesday. Called today to check to see if they were open due to so many businesses being closed because of the Corona Virus.

They told me Maserati and ALFA are closed and will not be reopening. This is Barrett in San Antonio.

Their Jaguar and Land Rover store is still open.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Repeat Post. Old news. Austin is you next option. In Feb2020, 2,430 cars were sold in the US, much better than Feb2017 (443), Feb2018 (1,518) and Feb2019 (1,352). Up to last week, the Mar2020 MTD in the US figures, could suggest a 2,800 cars to be sold (unfortunately not including or knowing the Covid19 effect) which is much better than Mar2017 (555), Mar2018 (2,576) and 1,774 (Mar2019). All this is great news and a great trend, projecting (in my opinion without knowing what the Covid-19 will do to all this) 27,372 Alfa Romeo to be sold in the USA in 2020 (vs, the 23,800 sold in 2018, the best year so far).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not that old, I just had 2 yr service done there. This would have happened within the last 2 weeks. They ordered part and now closed.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,532 Posts
Not that old, I just had 2 yr service done there. This would have happened within the last 2 weeks. They ordered part and now closed.
Yeah, don’t mind him; Giuliano is just not ready to accept the situation for what it is, that fewer dealers will mean fewer sales.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
It's interesting to see the numbers peak on such a minor refresh. Alfa definitely marches to it's own random drum!

Some random observations:
Last two nights I was at restaurants to pick up food (take out only allowed in NJ). Both time, I ran into overhead TVs playing Giulia ads. What were the chances? In all these years, this must be the third TV ad of Alfa Giulia I've seen. So two in a row is a plus.
I, like others who live in the Northeast see a lot more Jaguars and Land Rovers compared to most other parts of the country. But they still don't sell many. They are sort of like Alfa in many ways. But the JLR does a far better job of supporting their dealers. For example, Morris County Jaguar (used to be Jaguar Madison) used to be in this old tiny showroom in Madison, NJ. Last year they moved to a much larger facility right around their sister LR dealership up in Parsippany. If the dealership went purely by sales and service numbers, I doubt they'd made this financial decision despite being part of the huge Paul Miller family of dealerships.
This brings me to my third point. I like many of you, will remember the time in the 90s when Hyundai were these tiny tin-pots riding around on 4 wheels. I was too young at that point to care about the economics of dealerships. Back then, dealers also schemed and skimmed a lot of cash on top of car sales. But anyway, If you look at Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, it took tons of balls for them to enter the US market, and sustain. For Honda, Toyota, at least they had some product reliability aura going on once some sales came through. In case of Hyundai, those things were falling apart faster than you could blink at times. Yet, the company stuck it through. The dealers must have relied a ton on the company to go through that initial phase. Hyundai did not really come into its own till they had that 10 year warranty blitz that happened sometime in the 2000s.
This brings me to the cadre of business leaders that a company can haz. Theory has its place. And then, there's the market reality. If you didn't get your chops the right way, then you don't know what business you are building. It's not just a theoretical numbers game. It is a practical numbers game with a dose of perception and emotion.

Repeat Post. Old news. Austin is you next option. In Feb2020, 2,430 cars were sold in the US, much better than Feb2017 (443), Feb2018 (1,518) and Feb2019 (1,352). Up to last week, the Mar2020 MTD in the US figures, could suggest a 2,800 cars to be sold (unfortunately not including or knowing the Covid19 effect) which is much better than Mar2017 (555), Mar2018 (2,576) and 1,774 (Mar2019). All this is great news and a great trend, projecting (in my opinion without knowing what the Covid-19 will do to all this) 27,372 Alfa Romeo to be sold in the USA in 2020 (vs, the 23,800 sold in 2018, the best year so far).

·
Vendor
1,127 Posts
Hello Misanoti,
We are sorry to hear about your frustration. If you could please send us a private message with the dealer you were working with and your zip code, we would be happy to try and assist further from our end. We hope to hear from you soon.
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
878 Posts
Yeah, don’t mind him; Giuliano is just not ready to accept the situation for what it is, that fewer dealers will mean fewer sales.
Thanks for the respect @chaadster. I am really impressed by your wisdom and expertise on cars marketing and sells that you have showed in your threads and posts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Misanoti,
We are sorry to hear about your frustration. If you could please send us a private message with the dealer you were working with and your zip code, we would be happy to try and assist further from our end. We hope to hear from you soon.
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares
Laura,
I have a 2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio that I bought from Barrett Motors - Alfa Romeo of San Antonio. I just had my 20,000 miles service done 3 weeks ago, but what happens if I need service on my car? Barrett Motors told me that some other dealer bought out the Alfa Romeo dealership. Is this true?; if so, do you know when they are going to open. Thanks!

·
Vendor
1,127 Posts
Laura,
I have a 2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio that I bought from Barrett Motors - Alfa Romeo of San Antonio. I just had my 20,000 miles service done 3 weeks ago, but what happens if I need service on my car? Barrett Motors told me that some other dealer bought out the Alfa Romeo dealership. Is this true?; if so, do you know when they are going to open. Thanks!
Hi, You can enter your zip code here to view all certified Alfa Romeo dealerships in your area: Find An Alfa Romeo Dealership - Alfa Romeo USA. If you see any dealerships that have received a Customer First award this means that this dealer has achieved the highest level of customer experience recognition in five core areas: people, facility, processes, customer metrics, and training certification. If you ever have any questions or concerns during a service appointment feel free to send us a PM for assistance!

Alison
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi, You can enter your zip code here to view all certified Alfa Romeo dealerships in your area: Find An Alfa Romeo Dealership - Alfa Romeo USA. If you see any dealerships that have received a Customer First award this means that this dealer has achieved the highest level of customer experience recognition in five core areas: people, facility, processes, customer metrics, and training certification. If you ever have any questions or concerns during a service appointment feel free to send us a PM for assistance!

Alison
AlfaRomeoCares
Where do I find this "Customer First" thing? I browsed dealerships withing 100 miles and didn't see any of them with this designation. Another question - How is the Customer First rating determined? What I'm looking for the good & honest service.

·
Registered
1987 Milano Platinum
57 Posts
Just for shits and giggles I did a 100-mile search around L.A. and didn't see any "Customer First" either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts