Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks. My name is Kevin and I recently picked up a beautiful Montecarlo blue Ti:smile2:

I instantly fell in love with the Giulia QV when I saw it on display at LA auto show last year. I couldn't quite afford the QV so here I am instead with the Ti, and I'm quite happy with it so far;)

This is my first entry level luxury vehicle as well as my first European car.
My two previous cars were modified Nissan 350z and modified Mitsubishi Evo X.
While not as capable performance-wise as my Evo X was, I feel that the Giulia strikes a nice balance between luxury and fun factor.

I look forward to do some light modifications(my heavy modding days are over..getting old lol) once aftermarket parts start to become available for the Giulia.
I'm actually looking to ditch those horrible run flats for some Michelin Pilot Super Sport ASAP.

Is anyone else here from Los Angeles? Honestly I haven't seen a single Giulia on the road yet:(

Nice to meet you all:)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Awesome! Congrats!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Welcome, congrats on the Ti in blue. I'm always interested to hear what packages and options other people chose and why if your willing to share.
Are you going to get the run flat or go flat version if the Michelin's? It sounds like the go flats, if so what are you planning to do about no spare? I'm asking because I'm also thinking I don't want the run flats, my car is still being built, I'm leaning towards a plug kit because it sounds like you can deal with any puncture the goo can and there is no TPMS sensor problem.

Alan

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Welcome Kevin! I too are from the Japanese performance realm and i'm sure you're finding there's no disappointment! :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I talked into the dealership expecting to pick up Ti with Vesuvio gray w/ sport and performance package originally.
But when I saw the Montecarlo blue in person I just fell in love. My car doesn't have the performance package, but instead has the sunroof.
After pushing the car HARD in dynamic mode during 30+ minute test drive, I came to conclusion that I can live without the performance package given the car's handling ability even with stock suspension - just needs better tires.

No more run flats for my next tires. I think they are the worst invention created by men lol - such uncomfortable, performance-robbing pieces of crap in my opinion.

·
Registered
54 Posts
What are the odds. LOL My name is Kevin, I'm also from LA, and you guessed it, I also ordered a Blue Ti,but unlike you, I did the custom order about 2 weeks ago. The wait is almost unbearable.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What are the odds. LOL My name is Kevin, I'm also from LA, and you guessed it, I also ordered a Blue Ti,but unlike you, I did the custom order about 2 weeks ago. The wait is almost unbearable.
LOL nice name and nice color choice;)
I thought about custom ordering too, but I couldn't wait that long. I'm sure you will be very happy when you take delivery:)

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)
Congrats :grin2:

What are the odds? I'm in Los Angeles and waiting on a Blue Ti as well, but my name is Bob, not Kevein.

I've seen a few Giulias on the road. One in Malibu going the other way.

One in Culver City/WLA that was blue. It was gorgeous! I was driving my 4C and we waved :grin2:

I wanted the secret Ti Performance Package, the one with an LSD. My dealer did a special order for me about 2.5 months ago. Might be in 1.5 months.
Montecarlo Blue w/cream Lusso interior and the Ti Performance Package.

Where in LA are you guys?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

What are the odds? I'm in Los Angeles and waiting on a Blue Ti as well, but my name is Bob, not Kevein.

One in Culver City/WLA that was blue. It was gorgeous! I was driving my 4C and we waved :grin2:

I wanted the secret Ti Performance Package, the one with an LSD. My dealer did a special order for me about 2.5 months ago. Might be in 1.5 months.

Lol we should have LA Montecarlo blue get-together:)
I'm in SFV area and commute to Valencia for work.

I saw a handful of MB with Lusso package at the dealership but none of them had the performance package.

I see that you didn't opt for Ti sports package, since your 4C is your sporty car already;)

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Lol we should have LA Montecarlo blue get-together:)
I'm in SFV area and commute to Valencia for work.

I saw a handful of MB with Lusso package at the dealership but none of them had the performance package.

I see that you didn't opt for Ti sports package, since your 4C is your sporty car already;)
Well, yes I already have a sporty car which is will always be my daily driver. My wife's daily is a Fiat 500C with a lifetime warranty (rare) and she has no intention of giving it up.

It's not that I didn't want the sports pack, it's that it conflicts with the Lusso Pack. Our Ti won't get a lot of use (maybe). We wanted the cream interior and the real wood trim. The LSD pack gives me the real stuff without conflict. I plan on purchasing the dark 5-hole wheels after-the-fact.

We're up for an Alfa rally, or a Giulia rally, or even a blue Giulia rally.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm local in SoCal as well.

I have a Vesuvio grey QV with red/black interior.
I did actually see another Giulia near my neighborhood a few weeks ago, but none since.

·
Registered
54 Posts

I currently reside in Koreatown, commute to Torrance for work, haven't seen one single Giulia as of yet.
Spec-wise, I opt for the 10-Spoke wheel, BLK/Tan Interior, and HK Audio.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
So we ARE around:)

I can see a local meet happening in near future folks.
Oh yeah.

There are a few 4C owners around too. We've gone on a few spirited runs through the canyons. Would be interesting to see how the Giulias do trying to chase the 4Cs around.

Any of you guys ever track any of your cars? I tracked my 4C once. Will most likely track the Giulia once, just because. The local Alfa club does track events and driving schools.

http://www.arosc.org/

They're done for the summer. Next event is in September with a school in November.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh yeah.

There are a few 4C owners around too. We've gone on a few spirited runs through the canyons. Would be interesting to see how the Giulias do trying to chase the 4Cs around.

Any of you guys ever track any of your cars? I tracked my 4C once. Will most likely track the Giulia once, just because. The local Alfa club does track events and driving schools.

http://www.arosc.org/

They're done for the summer. Next event is in September with a school in November.
I'm guessing Giulia will have tough time just to keep up? Especially with these crappy run flat tires:(

I've never got around to tracking my Z or Evo, which is a shame because both cars were corner balanced with kickass coilovers and sticky tires.
The Z it just never happened for some reason.

The Evo I actually aimed the build for track use. I even ordered the oil cooler and tranny cooler for the track, but I had to sell the car suddenly:(

Will I be tracking the Giulia? Honestly I'm not so sure. If it does happen, great. If not, that's ok too.
But the Alfa club event sounds interesting;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello fellow LA Giulia owners! I live in Brea but work in Manhattan Beach. I drive my Black/Black TI 3 days a week and have been loving it! I would certainly be down for a Alfa Club event!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts