Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my first flat tire in the Giulia. Roofing nail in the sidewall. Call every tire shop in town. No one carries my tire. Call dealership. They also don't have the tire so they order it. Sit around for three days waiting for tire. Drive to dealership. Service guy says,
"Sir I checked with parts your tire is not in yet."
"Ok..."
"We can give you a loaner but our Giulia is out..."
"Ok..."
"Is the 4C alright?"
Straight face
Straight face
Straight face
"Yes, the 4C will suffice..."
It's the Spider, and has some sort of track package and I think the sport tuned exhaust. Maybe my tire won't come in for awhile.

·
Registered
646 Posts
You know what I got when I brought my Ghibli in? A Jeep Patriot. Last years model.

And since Maseratis are in the shop often, that Jeep crapbox was especially painful.

Needless to say after buying 3 high end cars from that dealer over the years, I won't frequent them anymore for sales or service out of pocket. All because they were to lazy too pull out a decent loaner car.

·
Registered
81 Posts
So I got my first flat tire in the Giulia. Roofing nail in the sidewall. Call every tire shop in town. No one carries my tire. Call dealership. They also don't have the tire so they order it. Sit around for three days waiting for tire. Drive to dealership. Service guy says,
"Sir I checked with parts your tire is not in yet."
"Ok..."
"We can give you a loaner but our Giulia is out..."
"Ok..."
"Is the 4C alright?"
Straight face
Straight face
Straight face
"Yes, the 4C will suffice..."
It's the Spider, and has some sort of track package and I think the sport tuned exhaust. Maybe my tire won't come in for awhile.
TireRack.com has them

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,441 Posts
I am not optimistic, because my dealer's service is done at their Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram location. Maybe a 300 SRT or Ram Power Wagon wouldn't be so bad. But they're not a 4C. Not even close. Is that a Fiat Spider Abarth I see? Sure, I can shift.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Good for you! scoring a 4C!...so perhaps someone versed in 4C can either confirm or deny...maybe @MacGeek
The 4C coupe` is no longer produced..and the Spyder is the last version. No new ones are being done, production is over...you have to buy what is left?
Is that correct?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I am not optimistic, because my dealer's service is done at their Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram location. Maybe a 300 SRT or Ram Power Wagon wouldn't be so bad. But they're not a 4C. Not even close. Is that a Fiat Spider Abarth I see? Sure, I can shift.
Heck, go with a Challenger SRT. There's one at Central here. I've had Fiat 500 rentals twice now. That thing is a literal "bread van," without the Ferrari heritage, stance, handling, looks, power or sound of the famous nicknamed one.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,441 Posts
Heck, go with a Challenger SRT. There's one at Central here. I've had Fiat 500 rentals twice now. That thing is a literal "bread van," without the Ferrari heritage, stance, handling, looks, power or sound of the famous nicknamed one.
Or should I hold out for a Demon? I hope your 500s were Abarths. I'd rather drive a 500X than a base 500.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update:
They just called, my car is ready. Having the spider for the weekend for fun. Driving the Giulia the last six months definitely garnered plenty of thumbs up and looks. But the 4C is on a whole different level for turning heads. There are plenty of reviews and videos about the 4C that do it plenty of justice so I won't do a lengthy post. But if you get a chance to drive one, it's an experience.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Update:
They just called, my car is ready. Having the spider for the weekend for fun. Driving the Giulia the last six months definitely garnered plenty of thumbs up and looks. But the 4C is on a whole different level for turning heads. There are plenty of reviews and videos about the 4C that do it plenty of justice so I won't do a lengthy post. But if you get a chance to drive one, it's an experience.
My experience was trying to get out of a 4C. The Mrs. described it as "not very graceful." That was polite.

·
Registered
869 Posts
My experience was trying to get out of a 4C. The Mrs. described it as "not very graceful." That was polite.
I describe the seating out of the 4C as lower than sitting on the floor. Somehow harder than a Corvette...

You know what I got when I brought my Ghibli in? A Jeep Patriot. Last years model.
I got a Dodge Journey :frown2: Thing was a boat but I did think its infotainment was a bit better than the Giulia, hahaha

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
4C, nice! Now you have to learn that sports cars are made to drive, not to go shopping or out to dinner and entertain and so forth. That's why I'm getting a Giulia. Watch footage of Le Mans drivers getting in and out of the car, doing stints, and driving for hours. It's almost like the Dukes of Hazzard with welded doors. You have to insert your limbs in sequence depending on the position of the bolsters, wheel and sills. Sometimes lifting one leg in, sitting on the sill and lifting the other in before you actual insert yourself is the way to go. That's what I remember from the awesome Ferrari 512 and Porsche 917. Like we said and did in the Air Force, NEVER step on the seat. ;)

On my 360, I insert my right leg, hold my left hand over the bolster, slide my backside down and into the seat with my left foot planted outside the car. Once I m safely past the bolster and in the seat, then I carefully lift and insert my left leg, making sure I don't scratch the door jam or door card. Now imagine this in a narrow cramped garage. Add in a door which cannot be opened to the second detent so you don;t hit your other car or walls. Now you have to balance the spring and weight action of the doors. Use your elbows t control the door opening and go through the same procedure. You can stop half way in order to let the door settle and change your grip on the bolster. On exit, I do this to keep the door tight and away for the Miata. Once you get your foot planted outside, change grip from bolster to headrest or up in that direction and thread yourself out of the car while keeping the door near the first detent. Changing your grip helps with leverage and voila! You are out with no door dings scuffs or bolster wear. It helps to tuck your shoulders too. Lots of practice last weekend. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts