Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, very strongly considering getting into a Quadrifoglio but this is the last thing I need to confirm.

I have a toddler who is currently in a Chicco Nextfit in forward facing mode. I'm confident that will fit fine behind me (I'm tall but I sit fairly close).

Come late October I will have another baby on my hands. Does anyone have experience with the KeyFit 30 in this car? Pictures would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hey guys, very strongly considering getting into a Quadrifoglio but this is the last thing I need to confirm.

I have a toddler who is currently in a Chicco Nextfit in forward facing mode. I'm confident that will fit fine behind me (I'm tall but I sit fairly close).

Come late October I will have another baby on my hands. Does anyone have experience with the KeyFit 30 in this car? Pictures would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks all!

I had a keyfit 30 in my GTI, but switched to a rear facing convertible prior to the Giulia. You'll probably need to put the Keyfit 30 in the middle, and I'd put the Nextfit behind the PASSENGER. The reason? Drivers seat slides back when you open the door, and it's a setting you can't disable. All that said, it'll be super tight but I think doable. If no one else chimes in, I'll take our keyfit and try it out for you.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks all!

I had a keyfit 30 in my GTI, but switched to a rear facing convertible prior to the Giulia. You'll probably need to put the Keyfit 30 in the middle, and I'd put the Nextfit behind the PASSENGER. The reason? Drivers seat slides back when you open the door, and it's a setting you can't disable. All that said, it'll be super tight but I think doable. If no one else chimes in, I'll take our keyfit and try it out for you.
Thanks so much. Good tip about the driver's seat. That's pretty crazy that it's non-defeatable, I don't want to crush my little guy's legs.

I'd rather not do the middle seat if I can prevent it. I had to do that with my previous car when my toddler was first born and it sucked. Also the lateral fit. Next to the Nextfit might be tough.

I'm in an SS right now which is just enormous in both good and bad ways.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hey---i've had it in there and there are no issues at all. I have a convertible one in there now, which is much larger and also no issues. Once the seat turns around however you get lots of space!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey---i've had it in there and there are no issues at all. I have a convertible one in there now, which is much larger and also no issues. Once the seat turns around however you get lots of space!
Thanks so much! My current guy is forward facing at this point so should be good behind me based on this. My wife is 5'4" so that seems like an infant seat should be fine behind her?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Don't have forward facing or a convertible seat. But here's a reference picture that may help. I do have a Graco Snugride 30 LX. It fits fine. I'm sure any brand of rear facing car seat will fit.

Keep in mind a full grown adult will fit in the rear without issue.

Go ahead and buy the car.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thanks so much! My current guy is forward facing at this point so should be good behind me based on this. My wife is 5'4" so that seems like an infant seat should be fine behind her?
At 5’4” none at all. She just won’t be able to recline much since the rear facing will protrude out. The front passenger seat might be pushed somewhat forward but nothing drastic. I’d go with the seat and fit it in as a test. Most people on this forum will deal with compromises because Alfa but obviously you are the one that has to live with it and the family! I had an accord coupe V6 which I adored but had to part with it because it was not child friendly to say the least!!!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome! Thanks for all the feedback guys. I was planning on taking both seats with me this weekend but now I know it is actually worthwhile to keep my appointment as this could work fine.

We have the SUV that the kids are in 99% of the time, but I can't justify buying something that I CAN'T put them in in a pinch.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I've managed to put both a Booster seat and a Britax Marathon (not a small seat) in my backseat. The key is making the kids take off the shoes first (keeps the back of the seat in front clean.) They don't seem to mind the smaller legroom, esp. when the other car they are in is a Hyundai Santa Fe with much more legroom.

All that is to say: you'll be fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The seat only moves automatically when the driving position places it in front of the pillar. I’m 6’5” and it never moves for me.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Good point! I'm 5'6" and it moves a looooooot.

The seat only moves automatically when the driving position places it in front of the pillar. I’m 6’5” and it never moves for me.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Go for it! I can't comment on the fit per se, but I saw a Quad at Concorso Ferrari and Friends last summer and it was the coolest introduction I could have had to the car. ( I had already seen 2) It was Rosso Comp with dark 5 holes, plate read SIVOCCI. :D As I was taking pics I hear the car beep and the trunk pop. A guy walks up (Evan he's on here) with his son in a stroller working on a yogurt pop. Car seat in the back, Carbon breaks, Carbon Sparco seats. He lets me sit in it and we have a great talk. All the while this proud dad is having an awesome Saturday with his son in an awesome ride! I was in full Ferrari gear with my Spider parked at the other end of the street in the parade corral. And I had just given another deserving awesome kid a ride in the parade and a meet and greet with his family. Buy the car! :D

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
fits in my Q4 fine, front facing behind the passenger. I'm 6 ft2 so haven't even tried behind me. Get yourself this strap on seat protectors though unless you love dirty foot marks all down the back :) Got mine from Amazon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts