Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the amp located in Giulia non QV? I am going to get her tinted and want to protect it. I don't have the HK system so I don't know if that changes things

·
Registered
658 Posts
Don't think the amp is in the trunk for the non HK sound system Giulia's I believe it's behind the dash. I took all the lining out my non HK trunk and couldn't find an amp. My tinit place called AR tech support who told them no amp in the trunk if it's not HK.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't think the amp is in the trunk for the non HK sound system Giulia's I believe it's behind the dash. I took all the lining out my non HK trunk and couldn't find an amp. My tinit place called AR tech support who told them no amp in the trunk if it's not HK.
That is good news!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The amplifier, when present, is always in the same spot: left side of the trunk. Look under the parcel shelf: if you can see the back of a speaker, you'll have an amplifier.
MacGeek Thanks for the info. Will take a look when I get off work to see. Just don't want the tint job to destroy the amp.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
That's what you have to look for, looking up from the trunk. If you see that, you have an amp. If you see a round black rubber/plastic plug in place of the speaker, then you have the base system without an amp. Another telltale sign is the dash: on cars equipped with upgraded sound systems, there's a triangular-ish speaker grille at the top of the dashboard, right in the middle.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts