Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's finally done.
The moment I saw the quad tipped exhaust on the QV, I knew I had to have it
Many hundreds of dollars later and some custom work, it's ready! Well it's about 90% ready, I still have to put the plastic covers under the exhaust back
Regardless.
Installed is a BORLA Pro XS, free flow design with perforated piping for noise cancellation 2x2.25in 2x2.25out
This exhaust provided the exact sound I wanted which was
-to actually be able to hear the exhaust when driving it hard
-to not be able to hear the exhaust or ANY drone while driving in the freeway or the city (uphill etc)
-to give it a deep, non-raspy (civic fart can) sound and any rpm range

Overall I'm super happy and would like you all to see the pics for yourself, it took a lot of research and time to get these tips perfect, I even went and drafted the actual tips on the QV haha :)
Enjoy!

Here's the sound clip
https://youtu.be/AFDDA-oEe3c

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Sweet!! You were definitely cooking up something quietly. We need to hear it as soon as possible. Sound clips please! I had wondered about the plastic cover piece on the TI single tip exhaust. Did you have to cut it away? Or does it have a clip to unbolt? I was thinking of adding twin tips on each side of my Corsa exhaust. Place it on an angle just like yours.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good stuff! Can we get some sound clips?
So... when can we hear it??

Looks great. Can you tell us the total cost?
Sweet!! You were definitely cooking up something quietly. We need to hear it as soon as possible. Sound clips please! I had wondered about the plastic cover piece on the TI single tip exhaust. Did you have to cut it away? Or does it have a clip to unbolt? I was thinking of adding twin tips on each side of my Corsa exhaust. Place it on an angle just like yours.
Sound clip is up guys!

It cost about half than the madness exhaust which is a complete rip off imo since it's basically a resonated straight pipe, and plus, this has quad tips. Imo, I don't think it sounded good straight piped and it would cost only a couple hundred max to replicate the madness exhaust at a local shop.
The fake tip and the shroud come off with a few bolts and clips but I did modify the edges a bit.
I haven't installed the plastic undercarriage yet but I doubt any modification will have to be made. The angle I have mine at would be really hard to replicate without doing custom work to make the slanted angles look right, unless yours are straight cut tips.
Overall I'm very satisfied with how it turned out and the sound level especially.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Well done on going on a different route than just buying a production piece.

Curious, did the muffler shop cut off the OEM pipe and weld to that, or is there a place where it can be separated? I'd like to build a "loud" pipe for the track, but don't want to have one for the street, so having an easy way to go back to OEM would be nice.

Not sure I like the sound -- sounds a bit asthmatic -- like a Ford Focus ST, without the gnarl. Now if there's a way to get the Fiat Abarth crackle/pop sound, that would be brilliant.

What size is the piping?

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Sound clip is up guys!

It cost about half than the madness exhaust which is a complete rip off imo since it's basically a resonated straight pipe, and plus, this has quad tips. Imo, I don't think it sounded good straight piped and it would cost only a couple hundred max to replicate the madness exhaust at a local shop.
The fake tip and the shroud come off with a few bolts and clips but I did modify the edges a bit.
I haven't installed the plastic undercarriage yet but I doubt any modification will have to be made. The angle I have mine at would be really hard to replicate without doing custom work to make the slanted angles look right, unless yours are straight cut tips.
Overall I'm very satisfied with how it turned out and the sound level especially.
Awesome! Can you elaborate more on how the plastic shroud around the tip was removed from the TI? I am going to add quad tips as well. :) Looking on line at different options. What is the diameter size of each tip?

Since this is a 2.0 inline 4, I would keep the exhaust single tube as long as possible and split until the very end for each side of the exhaust.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well done on going on a different route than just buying a production piece.

Curious, did the muffler shop cut off the OEM pipe and weld to that, or is there a place where it can be separated? I'd like to build a "loud" pipe for the track, but don't want to have one for the street, so having an easy way to go back to OEM would be nice.

Not sure I like the sound -- sounds a bit asthmatic -- like a Ford Focus ST, without the gnarl. Now if there's a way to get the Fiat Abarth crackle/pop sound, that would be brilliant.

What size is the piping?
The muffler shop make it completely removable so I can switch back whenever
The sound is much deeper in real life; imo it sounds as good as possible without being obnoxious and annoying but if you just care about being loud then get a straight pipe after the car on the down pipe
Here's a pic of the y pipe to dual pipe he custom piped and the connection to the original pipe.
It's all 2.25" after the y pipe which is good because you need to worry about exhaust fume scavenging and 2.5 wouldn't be proper for this engine

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Awesome! It's got the pop pops.

Things are really starting to get interesting around here :)

Thank you! It sounds amazing when it changes gears, it pops really loud!
I'll have another DIY coming out on the hid lighting system I installed and will keep things interesting :)

Awesome! Can you elaborate more on how the plastic shroud around the tip was removed from the TI? I am going to add quad tips as well. :) Looking on line at different options. What is the diameter size of each tip?

Since this is a 2.0 inline 4, I would keep the exhaust single tube as long as possible and split until the very end for each side of the exhaust.
Sure, if you look from the back you'll see a bunch of clips where the fake tip disconnects then the should just pops off, it's really simple. I did have cut the excess off where the should connects but it's no problem, I'll use high temp silicone when returning the car after the lease and no one will be able to tell the difference
Here's a pic of the inside clips of the should being cut off

The main job was done with a saw and I did the detail work at home with a dremel. Looks perfect now

As for the piping, it splits at very rear at the point where the original exhaust bolts off so it'll be very easy to install the original back on

Here's the pic of that again

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
You mean the second tip on a Ti is fake? Wow I had no clue. All four flow on your custom, right?

Reactions: Seropdiablo204

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
That is fantastic. Dude, you've got some balls doing this on a leased vehicle. Of course, worst case scenario, if they have a problem with it, you just buy out the car from them, reinstall your custom pipes, and then perhaps sell it for a little profit.
Great job!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You mean the second tip on a Ti is fake? Wow I had no clue. All four flow on your custom, right?
Lol yeah it's really sad how it's fake, it really bothered me and yes, now all four tips breathe like they should :)

All OEM exhaust on all the Giulia models except for the Quadrifoglio, has fake tips!
It's so sad huh!?

That is fantastic. Dude, you've got some balls doing this on a leased vehicle. Of course, worst case scenario, if they have a problem with it, you just buy out the car from them, reinstall your custom pipes, and then perhaps sell it for a little profit.
Great job!
Haha it's fine, I have a lot of experience with cars and I'm an engineer so it won't be a big deal when going back to stock
Worst case I'll buy the lower defuser and that's it, I probably won't keep the car since I'll be putting 12k miles a year on her and who knows if she can handle it for the long run :/

1 - 20 of 57 Posts