Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
2020 gulia
I turned in my 2018 last week. Held my breath because there were a few concerns with things that could have been an issue. Regular tires (2 months old) instead of run flats, a cracked speaker cover, and some artistic scrapes馃ぃ. I opened the you owe letter today. Which arrived quickly, I had to reread it 3 times. Final due $192.00 blink blink馃槼 I am thrilled. Thank you Ally. Naturally the car payment for the new 2020 was also in the mail! But it went down $10. So at least some good news for the day.

Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
Last month my wife did an early turn-in of her 2019 Stelvio and leased a 2020. It was supposed to be a "walk away" deal. Well, today my wife received a bill from Ally. I'm thinking of having the dealer cut us a check for the amount rather than giving the bill to them to pay.

Registered
Last month my wife did an early turn-in of her 2019 Stelvio and leased a 2020. It was supposed to be a "walk away" deal. Well, today my wife received a bill from Ally. I'm thinking of having the dealer cut us a check for the amount rather than giving the bill to them to pay.
We are about halfway through the 36 month lease on my wife鈥檚 Stelvio. Would you mind sharing how early you were able to turn in your 2019 lease and how the process works?

Registered
We were contacted by the dealer" "We want your 2019 Stelvio". So we contacted them to see what the had available to replace it. Took about a month to find a vehicle and work out a deal. The process was slowed because we tried to work with the salesperson from whom we leased the 2019 Stelvio not knowing he had moved to the finance and insurance role. The salesperson we thought we had been shunted to never told us this. He also never told us he was working offsite due to some unexplained reason. After trying unsuccessfully to establish a time to meet him at the showroom, we went there and spoke with two other salespeople, neither of whom had any idea who we were. So we cornered the sales manager and worked with him and one of the guys from the floor. Poor dealer communication and a disorganized transaction. But back to your question, it all started with a letter. If you don't receive one and are interested, I suggest reaching out to your dealer.

Registered
We were contacted by the dealer" "We want your 2019 Stelvio". So we contacted them to see what the had available to replace it. Took about a month to find a vehicle and work out a deal. The process was slowed because we tried to work with the salesperson from whom we leased the 2019 Stelvio not knowing he had moved to the finance and insurance role. The salesperson we thought we had been shunted to never told us this. He also never told us he was working offsite due to some unexplained reason. After trying unsuccessfully to establish a time to meet him at the showroom, we went there and spoke with two other salespeople, neither of whom had any idea who we were. So we cornered the sales manager and worked with him and one of the guys from the floor. Poor dealer communication and a disorganized transaction. But back to your question, it all started with a letter. If you don't receive one and are interested, I suggest reaching out to your dealer.
This is helpful thanks. What is the earliest they will take one back? 6 months?

Registered
This is helpful thanks. What is the earliest they will take one back? 6 months?
Sorry, I can't answer that. I imagine it depends on supply and demand and perhaps lease length. My wife was very annoyed with the dealer and ready to walk away. The deal she got was her only reason for staying with a Stelvio. She will not get another because of the dealer. Maybe a Jaguar next time? She had one about twenty years ago and would like another.

Registered
Sorry, I can't answer that. I imagine it depends on supply and demand and perhaps lease length. My wife was very annoyed with the dealer and ready to walk away. The deal she got was her only reason for staying with a Stelvio. She will not get another because of the dealer. Maybe a Jaguar next time? She had one about twenty years ago and would like another.
Don鈥檛 leave Alfa! How many months early were you able to do it?

Registered
About two months. My wife has a 27-month lease (she wanted 24, but Ally switched to 27), so we're not going anywhere anytime soon. And I still have my 2020 Giulia, which will likely be replaced by another Giulia (and that would be my third).

Registered
About two months. My wife has a 27-month lease (she wanted 24, but Ally switched to 27), so we're not going anywhere anytime soon. And I still have my 2020 Giulia, which will likely be replaced by another Giulia (and that would be my third).
Good to know regarding the early trade up. I appreciate the info.

Registered
Reactions: Il_Conte
21 - 31 of 31 Posts