Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned my 2018 in last night. I miss the white, but the Rosso Comp is beautiful as well.

I'll keep you all updated on the lease turn in process and any weirdness that happens.

·
Registered
513 Posts
My turn in for my Ti is fast approaching. I know I need new tires. Bummer, but I’ve known for a while. Trying to decide if I should put cheap fire hawks on and return the car with an inflation kit or put run flats on.

did you return your car with run flats?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had firehawks on it, but changed my mind at the last possible second. Dealer I turned it in to is installing the take-off cinturatos I had this morning.

The problem is that Ally has no appeal process. They send an inspector - if he decides the Firehawks are not original spec, because not runflats, then he just adds it to the bill. In my case this would have been insanely annoying, because I have a full set of good condition Cinturatos in the garage that I would NOT be allowed to install to reduce the cost. For 90 bucks mounted and balanced, I figured I'd just go for it.

My wheels do have some repaired (touch up paint) scuffs, which is my only worry regarding condition. I bet it is a non issue, but we shall see.

My turn in for my Ti is fast approaching. I know I need new tires. Bummer, but I’ve known for a while. Trying to decide if I should put cheap fire hawks on and return the car with an inflation kit or put run flats on.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For my 2019, I have two sets. Square set with cinturatos that came with the car, and a staggered set with Firehawks that I bought separately (both 5 hole dark). This should make it easier next time.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yeah. Im still trying to figure out my plan. I can get a set of fire hawks mounted for right around $700. I think the cheapest set of RFTs will run me b/w $1000-$1100.

the window sticker for the car said summer tires even though they were summer RFTs. The manual does say RFT. But I’m not above busting out the QV manual, and just hoping they don’t know the difference. Then again.. I don’t get to be present for the inspection. Which is stupid.

I’m sure the dealer prices for those OEM RFTs is close to $400 each. But then again If I returned the car with the tire tire pump/fix-a-flat it may be ok.

It’s been ages... but I remember reading a post about someone here going through this tire song and dance at lease turn in. I wanna say he returned his car with non-RFT tires. Ally hit him up for a missing inflator instead of claiming the tires were out of spec. I guess if you don’t have RFTs it’s generally expected that your car comes with a pump. My QV came with a pump.... so that theory holds up. It’s just that I don’t know what to expect from the Ally inspector.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I had firehawks on it, but changed my mind at the last possible second. Dealer I turned it in to is installing the take-off cinturatos I had this morning.

The problem is that Ally has no appeal process. They send an inspector - if he decides the Firehawks are not original spec, because not runflats, then he just adds it to the bill. In my case this would have been insanely annoying, because I have a full set of good condition Cinturatos in the garage that I would NOT be allowed to install to reduce the cost. For 90 bucks mounted and balanced, I figured I'd just go for it.

My wheels do have some repaired (touch up paint) scuffs, which is my only worry regarding condition. I bet it is a non issue, but we shall see.
There is an appeal process, you just have to prove your argument. I had an issue where they charged me an inflator kit that wasn't optioned with the car.

Reactions: Crosshairs

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're correct, I should have been more clear.

There is no easy way to amend an inspection issue. You can appeal, but if I had the wrong tires, I'm not sure how I would appeal to let me mount the right ones.

I definitely read your post about the inflator kit, that was a weird story.

There is an appeal process, you just have to prove your argument. I had an issue where they charged me an inflator kit that wasn't optioned with the car.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,057 Posts
Fingers crossed my original Pirelli run-flats will pass muster. Running winter tires certainly helped.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually think you might be okay! My window sticker, unlike yours, specifically says run flats. I think you'd be okay with a used set of firehawks.

I'm glad you went the QV route. That was my plan, but with a toddler and a need for regular snow driving, I stuck with the AWD system.

Yeah. Im still trying to figure out my plan. I can get a set of fire hawks mounted for right around $700. I think the cheapest set of RFTs will run me b/w $1000-$1100.

the window sticker for the car said summer tires even though they were summer RFTs. The manual does say RFT. But I’m not above busting out the QV manual, and just hoping they don’t know the difference. Then again.. I don’t get to be present for the inspection. Which is stupid.
View attachment 93119

I’m sure the dealer prices for those OEM RFTs is close to $400 each. But then again If I returned the car with the tire tire pump/fix-a-flat it may be ok.

It’s been ages... but I remember reading a post about someone here going through this tire song and dance at lease turn in. I wanna say he returned his car with non-RFT tires. Ally hit him up for a missing inflator instead of claiming the tires were out of spec. I guess if you don’t have RFTs it’s generally expected that your car comes with a pump. My QV came with a pump.... so that theory holds up. It’s just that I don’t know what to expect from the Ally inspector.

Reactions: Yaibal

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,057 Posts
I'm glad you went the QV route. That was my plan, but with a toddler and a need for regular snow driving, I stuck with the AWD system.
Toddlers love to drift. :D

·
Registered
385 Posts
The only thing giving me heartburn about lease turn in is the ebay QV spoiler I added with 3M tape. It looks so good, it was absolutely worth it, but I am worried removing it will be a pain.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,241 Posts
The only thing giving me heartburn about lease turn in is the ebay QV spoiler I added with 3M tape. It looks so good, it was absolutely worth it, but I am worried removing it will be a pain.
Dental floss, goof off if necessary.

Reactions: -ds- and migliori

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used fishing line, cleaned up with a rotary buffer, you can't tell it was ever on.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,241 Posts
I've found fishing line to be more effective. I know the words are sometimes used interchangeably but you absolutely do not want to get goof off near your car. Goo gone is typically fine.
Ahh, yeah, fishing line would be stronger. You're correct... I'm not sure why I said goof off, I've never used it, only used goo gone.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Leave it on the car. They won't charge you for adding options to the car. I added tint to my leased car, you better believe I didn't bother removing it.

Reactions: migliori

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,241 Posts
Leave it on the car. They won't charge you for adding options to the car. I added tint to my leased car, you better believe I didn't bother removing it.
Shut your mouth.

@Engi_Nerd Take it off, give it to me. :p

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,795 Posts
Oh, that's great to hear! I was uncertain about whether I should have my tint removed, but I won't bother. It's good quality and looks great, too.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've found fishing line to be more effective. I know the words are sometimes used interchangeably but you absolutely do not want to get goof off near your car. Goo gone is typically fine.
And you certainly don’t want any goof offs around your car either.....

Reactions: beaups
1 - 20 of 31 Posts