Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I have seen LOTS of products made by BOSCH. If you buy this BOSCH part from lets say VW, then the part is stamped "VW" as if VW made this part.
You can buy excatly same BOSCH part at a parts supplier. Sometimes you'll notice the "brand" simply is grinded off at factory, and sold for half the price.

TRW are sub supplier for loads of suspension parts for at least Alfa 159. When you buy them from Alfa they charge double for the "Alfa Romeo" stamp.
Buy them from parts dealer, Alfa Romeo is grinded of, or simply stamped TRW.
There is tremendous difference between non-proprietary vehicle parts and those parts, like wheels, which are part of the brand identity.

Reactions: JoeCab

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
936 Posts
The number cast in the back of the whee is NOT the part number, apparently. I'm looking for a set of Stelvio wheels that have 156117310 cast, but the actual part number is 6UR52U00AA. Go figure.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a set of OEM staggered five hole off my 2018 TI sport in excellent condition with original Potenza tires (15k miles on them) still mounted and balanced thinking around 2K for the set. They have standard valve stems I had to take out and reuse my TMPS. They are the city of Benicia California available for pick up.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
The number cast in the back of the whee is NOT the part number, apparently. I'm looking for a set of Stelvio wheels that have 156117310 cast, but the actual part number is 6UR52U00AA. Go figure.
The "156117310" type of numbers must be used for something?
No wheels have something like "6UR52U00AA" stamped...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Where are Alfa Romeo OEM alloys even made - anyone?

I accidently got in contact with a ebay dealer, who informed me the WSP W258 are made at same factory as the OEM 5EQ alloys, using same mold, material, color everything..

This is the 2020 line up for the Giulia:

View attachment 102526

I'm on the hunt for a staggered set of the "5EQ - 19" Performance burnished alloy rims"
Now, colors on webpages will always vary some due photo/ lighting, but to me the W258 look identical...
View attachment 102527
View attachment 102528
The Technica alloys which come standard on the QV and are fully forged, unlike Alfa’s other alloys which are cast, are made by Fuchs in Germany
Where are Alfa Romeo OEM alloys even made - anyone?

I accidently got in contact with a ebay dealer, who informed me the WSP W258 are made at same factory as the OEM 5EQ alloys, using same mold, material, color everything..

This is the 2020 line up for the Giulia:

View attachment 102526

I'm on the hunt for a staggered set of the "5EQ - 19" Performance burnished alloy rims"
Now, colors on webpages will always vary some due photo/ lighting, but to me the W258 look identical...
View attachment 102527
View attachment 102528
The Technica alloys which come standard on the QV are made by Fuchs in Germany. They are forged alloys, not cast like the others. Alfa Romeo Giulia - Fuchsfelge

·
Registered
123 Posts
I was asking more about the quality and build. I should have clarified that I was not aware that they were built in two different countries. German products are normally seen as higher quality. I was very close to pulling the trigger on a 2020 QV with the exact spec as my current car with the only difference being the Technicos and 5 holes. It's just another 1st world problem to add to my long list. Cheers.
The Technicos are fully forged alloys and much better wheels than the 5 holes which are cast. The Technicos are made by Fuchs in Germany. Alfa Romeo Giulia - Fuchsfelge

·
Registered
260 Posts
The "156117310" type of numbers must be used for something?
No wheels have something like "6UR52U00AA" stamped...
You are going to run into this a lot on NAFTA Alfas. All the part numbers stamped onto parts or placed on stickers on various parts are not the part numbers used at dealers here in the USA.

For example if you remove your coolant reservoir and see part number 50532261 cast into the plastic and call your local dealer looking for a new reservoir with that number they will have no idea which reservoir you are talking about. Because the official part number here is 68300859AA. Of course this is not stamped or stickered anywhere on the part. This madness creates confusion and makes it more of a pain the ass to order parts.

I have been through this several times, and I have never seen this on cars from other manufacturers. If I pull any part off a Honda, Land Rover, Audi, Mercedes, BMW that has a part number cast into it or stickered on it, I can get online enter the part number and order the part. I have resigned myself to the fact that this is part of the “joy” of owning a sexy Italian sedan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Which exactly are the Technicos wheels? I thought the question of the topic was OEM cast vs WSP aftermarket cast wheels?
Techincos are the expensive, very light forged 8.5x19 / 10x19” made by Fuchs Germany exclusive for Quadrifoglia.

Yes, originally the question was about OE vs WSP wheels 😊

So OE wheels for Giulia are made in Thailand
WSP wheels are not. Maybe in Malaysia..

·
Registered
503 Posts
"Techincos are the expensive, very light forged 8.5x19 / 10x19” made by Fuchs Germany exclusive for Quadrifoglia."

Fuch! I did not know! It's like Christmas morning here. I keep learning about these wheels. If I'm not mistaken Fuchs is the same company that makes the Porsche wheels-right? God I wish I'd know this three months ago when I got my QV with the bloody 5 hole wheels! Fuch, I feel stupid!

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
"Techincos are the expensive, very light forged 8.5x19 / 10x19” made by Fuchs Germany exclusive for Quadrifoglia."

Fuch! I did not know! It's like Christmas morning here. I keep learning about these wheels. If I'm not mistaken Fuchs is the same company that makes the Porsche wheels-right? God I wish I'd know this three months ago when I got my QV with the bloody 5 hole wheels! Fuch, I feel stupid!
Fuchs make a lotta wheels for a lotta brands, but yeah, is inextricably linked to Porsche for that pioneering forged alu wheel which debuted on the 911S.

Reactions: Joshua R

·
Registered
503 Posts
Now all I have to do is find someone unsuspecting and more stupid than me and get them to swap out the technicos for the 5 hole ones. This will be the most challenging exercise of the decade for me. Wish me luck boys.

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
936 Posts
Now all I have to do is find someone unsuspecting and more stupid than me and get them to swap out the technicos for the 5 hole ones. This will be the most challenging exercise of the decade for me. Wish me luck boys.
Hey! I resemble that! I traded my dark tecnicos (only like 250 miles on them) for a set of brights 5-holes knowing full well they were lighter/stronger. But 1) I prefer bright wheels, 2) I think the 5-holes are classic and gorgeous on the QF. If I was tracking my car every weekend, a-la @Call me Al , I may have considered keeping the tecnicos as track day wheels. But I'll only be tracking the QF a few times per year and I'm not racing when I track anyway, soooo, I'd rather have what I think looks fantastic on the car.

·
Registered
123 Posts

Yes, they also make wheels for many other high end cars. I have the 5 hole also but bought second hand. Would differently spec the Fuchs if new 😃

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I have the staggered wheels on my Q4, but the 5-hole Sport wheel design, so yet another variable, but perhaps interesting. It’s in the shop awaiting a windscreen— as it has been the past 2 weeks!— but hopefully today it will be done.
Did you get your car back to measure rear offset?

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Did you get your car back to measure rear offset?
I was not intending to measure offset, just check to see if it was stamped on the wheel, but haven’t done that because you already checked on another car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Found a new set "5EQ Perfomance burnished alloy rims" (aka 5 hole) staggered 8.0Jx19 ET33 / 9.0Jx19 ET34 set from ebay.it and paid 2.300 USD
From what size you went to 19"? What is the effect on car perfomance? Do you have standard or enlarged brakes? I also have the 200 HP version and worry 19" would be a bit too much... The problem is 18" OE wheels are ugly, all of them.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts