Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
"There is no explanation on the source of the issues but it does state that all of the affected vehicles were built prior to April 18, 2017 so newer builds might have already been corrected."

This seems to be a key point for the 2.0 turbo engine errors.

Luckily mine was built in May.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Just for grins they need to compare another competitors 1st year TSB's

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Did I miss anything?
Yes, you missed the fact that you are in the Giulia forum and not AMG.
Why are you here?
Obviously in your opinion AR is a pile of rubbish, why are you wasting your precious time here instead of the fabulous AMG forum?

Just a simple question......

Reactions: MakeitRain

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Sorry you feel like that. We absolutely discuss peoples behavior when it's reported to us and not sure if you've noticed last night there are a number of posts removed pertaining to your feedback.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
The lease of my E63AMG is up this month (i also own an AMG GTS), I am seriously considering a Giulia Quad to replace my E63

Please show me where I have said the Giulia is rubbish?

This forum seems to be full of a bunch of rude people who get belligerent with anyone who asks a question or posts an opposing view. I have seen many threads where the moderators of this forum allow senior members to bully people, call other posters liars with out any proof and just be rude. This forum is as poorly managed as the problems with the cars.
So the bad press didn't scare you enough to get into another AMG?
I have a QV on order, do you think these articles make me feel good about my decision?
In life we all make decisions and then we have to live with their consequences.....
Ridiculing the Giulia owners for standing by their choices is a bit much for my taste.....
Best of luck with your next car........

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Indeed, they will be if there's a consensus of unacceptable behavior and they persist at it.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Take it to PM

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Did someone just vanish? Wow, they must have found the correct marque forum and left!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Jalopnik should really be ashamed....i dont remeber reading about 3 series having powertrain malfunctions, constant limp modes, seats rusting, water pumps emptying batteries, door lock sensors failing, switches cracking, wind noise at drivers doors...geez launch of 3 F30 was a total clusterfuck for couple of years....but leases are really cheap....

·
Registered
359 Posts
Jalopnik should really be ashamed....i dont remeber reading about 3 series having powertrain malfunctions, constant limp modes, seats rusting, water pumps emptying batteries, door lock sensors failing, switches cracking, wind noise at drivers doors...geez launch of 3 F30 was a total clusterfuck for couple of years....but leases are really cheap....
How about something like this from Jalopnik in 2016:

BMW Engines Are Gigantic Pieces Of $hit

EDIT: that is interesting, forum blocks a certain word that appears in the jalopnik URL and article title. So I can't post the negative Jalopnik BMW link I wanted to post. Using TinyURL to get around the forum's banned words list.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
What did Jalopnik say about 3 series in say 2012?

I guess all they do is **** on stuff they hate at the moment....and claim how much they want it to succeed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys, I am the author of the linked story. I pitched the story to Jalopnik after seeing press car after press car failing and decided to get some background on it. I want the Giulia to succeed but they need to be held accountable for these issues. I've called out many other manufacturers for similar failings in the past and will continue to do so in the future. I noticed you guys linked to it as a reference so I figured that it might be helpful to share the current full list with you. I highlighted the most important ones in the article since some of these are general or just for reference, like the ones labeled "Failure Code Change."

TSBs for the 2.0L:
02 - FRONT SUSPENSION
02-003-17 Chattering Noise While Steering
04 - VEHICLE QUICK REFERENCE
04-001-17 Failure Code Change
05 - BRAKES
05-004-17 Brake Pad Wear Sensor Harness Loose
08 - ELECTRICAL
08-041-17 REV. B Radio Software Enhancements
08-062-17 Flash: Amplifier Audio Enhancement
08-060-17 Flash: Adaptive Cruise Control Enhancements
08-026-17 REV. A Remote Start Inoperative
18 - VEHICLE PERFORMANCE
18-066-17 Flash: Powertrain Diagnostic and System Improvements
18-030-17 REV. C Flash: Powertrain Diagnostic and System Improvements
21 - TRANSMISSION AND TRANSFER CASE
21-032-17 Flash: Transmission Shift and Driveability Enhancements
24 - HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING
24-002-17 REV. A Flash: HVAC Diagnostic and System Improvements
31 - COLLISION BULLETIN
31-002-16 Scan Tool Support Before and After Collision Repair
31-001-16 Do Not Apply Corrosion Protection On Sheet Molding Compound (SMC) Plastic Panels

TSBs for the 2.9L:
02 - FRONT SUSPENSION
02-003-17 Chattering Noise While Steering
04 - VEHICLE QUICK REFERENCE
05 - BRAKES
05-004-17 Brake Pad Wear Sensor Harness Loose
07 - COOLING
07-004-17 REV. A Coolant Hose Retainer Clip Replacement
08 - ELECTRICAL
08-063-17 Flash: Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Enhancement
08-062-17 Flash: Amplifier Audio Enhancement
08-060-17 Flash: Adaptive Cruise Control Enhancements
08-027-17 Flash: Electrical Diagnostic And System Improvements
08-026-17 REV. A Remote Start Inoperative
18 - VEHICLE PERFORMANCE
18-066-17 Flash: Powertrain Diagnostic and System Improvements
18-025-17 REV. A Flash: Powertrain Diagnostic and System Improvements
21 - TRANSMISSION AND TRANSFER CASE
24 - HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING
24-002-17 REV. A Flash: HVAC Diagnostic and System Improvements
31 - COLLISION BULLETIN
31-002-16 Scan Tool Support Before and After Collision Repair
31-001-16 Do Not Apply Corrosion Protection On Sheet Molding Compound (SMC) Plastic Panels

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.