Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone share their alignment specs after lowering their QV with ST lowering springs? My left rear toe is at -0.08 and my right is +0.20 for a total toe of 0.20. The car feels squirrelly in the rear when changing lanes on the highway.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Is your car blue? Curious if it is a small world or not

Either way, the toe-alignment is off and easily corrected

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it is blue. Did you see it?

The Alfa mechanic said that the left rear toe couldn’t be adjusted into range. He said when the car is lowered funny things happen to the rear toe. It was the Service Department at the Alfa/Maserati dealership on Wilmington Pike in Chadds Ford, PA.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Can anyone share their alignment specs after lowering their QV with ST lowering springs? My left rear toe is at -0.08 and my right is +0.20 for a total toe of 0.20. The car feels squirrelly in the rear when changing lanes on the highway.
I had my ST springs and alignment done at a race shop. I don't recall what was adjustable or not, but the setup looked good (0.19 rear toe-in on both sides). 0 and .20 isn't going to handle well as you know.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Yes, it is blue. Did you see it?

The Alfa mechanic said that the left rear toe couldn’t be adjusted into range. He said when the car is lowered funny things happen to the rear toe. It was the Service Department at the Alfa/Maserati dealership on Wilmington Pike in Chadds Ford, PA.
Small world! Sent you a PM

·
Registered
617 Posts
lew, let us know how things work out. I have been considering the lowering springs as well. I hope you are able to get the alignment worked out!

cheers lew!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have put a hundred plus miles on it, so it should be plenty settled now and more ripe for an alignment. The way it handles definitely feels like the rear toe is off.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had my ST springs and alignment done at a race shop. I don't recall what was adjustable or not, but the setup looked good (0.19 rear toe-in on both sides). 0 and .20 isn't going to handle well as you know.
Thanks! I’ll take these specs to the shop.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had my car re-aligned and WOW! This thing tracks like a laser! Car had settled on the new springs after 50 or so miles that it was totally out of alignment. Most notably rear toe. And that was causing rear end to step out when the suspension compressed and released. It’s great now!

·
Vendor
619 Posts
I had my car re-aligned and WOW! This thing tracks like a laser! Car had settled on the new springs after 50 or so miles that it was totally out of alignment. Most notably rear toe. And that was causing rear end to step out when the suspension compressed and released. It’s great now!
Perfect, glad this was resolved!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Bump but what did you pay for alignment? I was quoted $400 for alignment and $400 for adaptive cruise control calibration.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Bump but what did you pay for alignment? I was quoted $400 for alignment and $400 for adaptive cruise control calibration.
whoa. That’s high.

I didn’t put on ST springs. I put on OEM 2017 springs on my 2018. I printed the alignment procedure from the maintenance manual and took it to a firestone.

they had no issues and all settings were within spec when they were done. I think it cost me $110. Nothing with adaptive cruise should need to be adjusted.

·
Registered
89 Posts
whoa. That’s high.

I didn’t put on ST springs. I put on OEM 2017 springs on my 2018. I printed the alignment procedure from the maintenance manual and took it to a firestone.

they had no issues and all settings were within spec when they were done. I think it cost me $110. Nothing with adaptive cruise should need to be adjusted.
Yeah I was afraid of the dealer quote. I was afraid there was something extra needed. I've only had bad experiences with Firestone but maybe worth a chance.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,327 Posts
Yeah I was afraid of the dealer quote. I was afraid there was something extra needed. I've only had bad experiences with Firestone but maybe worth a chance.
$112 for me at a very reputable "Metric" auto shop after I replaced my 2018 springs with 2017 and added 8-10mm of LCA shims.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My friends shop is $125 but they charge me $100. They don't have any book hours but said to budget 1.5 hours per corner.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.