Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

2018 Giulia Ti Sport | QV wheels factory spec Pirellis, Alfissimo spacers 12mm/17mm, Alfissimo Springs

TLDR: Awesome! Phenomenal looking. Didn’t expect it to be as close to OEM comfort as they were. Amazingly flat cornering (actually have to relearn car’s handling characteristics). Can be slightly disrupting through corners on consistently rough backroads.

I told myself I wasn’t gonna lower this one...and here we are. What can I say, I hate wheel gap. But I really also wanted a comfortable car for once, short of getting KWs, I was hesitant to do anything. Additionally, reviews and feedback I read about other lowering springs were not exactly favorable, moreover they all seemed to just dump the front end. Every photo I saw seemed to show a Giulia hyper raked.

When Jason said he was developing springs to fix all the problems with the other springs on the market, I was one of the first in line to volunteer my car and wallet. Although it’s only been a few days, I must say, it was a good choice.

Disclaimer I’ve only had the springs for less than a week, but I’ve daily driven it and gone on a spirited cruise (100mi+ total) The car felt different after the first night I had driven it, I would assumed it all settled in properly now.

Comfort: Great! As with any lowering spring, expect a stiffer ride. Not much harder than stock but it is noticeable, I would wager it’s less noticeable if you’re not on the Corsa tires haha. Most importantly, not bouncey. I was a little concerned because after install, I experience some bounciness but that that went away the next day.

Performance: Let’s just say I feel my body moving a lot now, the cornering forces went from body roll to my body rolling. It’s honestly kind of entertaining, I think, how flat am I cornering that I’m moving so much in my seat. I have to relearn how to drive the car because all the prior predictable inertia transfer in twisty corners is more or less gone. Reminder though, I did also install spacers at the same time, that may play a small part in this.

Looks: See photos. Not sure if the rear is slightly lower than the front or if it’s an illusion because the wheels are closer to the fender in the rear. I’ve been mulling it over for the past few days I think it’s an illusion. Either way, this is way better than having an overly lowered front IMO.

Cons: I wouldn’t say any cons. Just that when driving particularly bumpy twisting roads is now different (as I said I need to relearn the car), it feels more disrupting since there’s less suspension travel in either direction, but this is to be had with any lowering spring I’d imagine.

Photo from a looong install night...

Hope this helps y’all ! Definitely recommend the springs!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
The stance on your car looks amazing!!! I will be putting the same springs and spacers as well.
Is there any scrap or wheel rub? And would you say you can be more aggressive on a turn less aggressive?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The stance on your car looks amazing!!! I will be putting the same springs and spacers as well.
Is there any scrap or wheel rub? And would you say you can be more aggressive on a turn less aggressive?
There’s some rubbing in the rear on certain bumps. Not really on daily driving, also I don’t hear it with the radio on. But I also think I just need to dial in more camber on that side

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I scrape the car already at stock so wondering what you are doing to avoid that.
Angles are everything. Just gotta angle hard on the steep stuff, go almost parallel for the really steep stuff. I’m used to driving much lower cars, this is a cake walk for me personally

·
Registered
261 Posts
I scrape the car already at stock so wondering what you are doing to avoid that.
I just took my bmw for it’s last ride before selling... the Alfa scrapes when I’m creeping up my driveway at an angle yet this thing never did. It’s gotta be how the fascia sticks out.

D782B878-7E97-49F4-A1BF-E1F4F4C2EC09.jpeg

·
Registered
389 Posts
I just took my bmw for it’s last ride before selling... the Alfa scrapes when I’m creeping up my driveway at an angle yet this thing never did. It’s gotta be how the fascia sticks out.

View attachment 107033
Agreed. At least it is usually the lowest black piece in front of the tire well that takes the brunt of it.

Also, knowing I need to fit snow chains makes the idea of lowering this car for me a moot point.

·
Registered
195 Posts
No disrespect disclaimer. Just my thought, so hoping you don’t take any offense. This looks like a Low rider, ugly and probably takes away from the driving dynamics of the Alfa experience. Do you not miss what the car was meant to be without the spacers / lowering? I just want to know why and what the pleasure is for this. Thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
No disrespect disclaimer. Just my thought, so hoping you don’t take any offense. This looks like a Low rider, ugly and probably takes away from the driving dynamics of the Alfa experience. Do you not miss what the car was meant to be without the spacers / lowering? I just want to know why and what the pleasure is for this. Thank you.
👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽

·
Registered
261 Posts
You might want to roll the fender if possible. I think I've seen a few threads here about doing that here in the forum, but I didn't read though them. The E46 I just let go had coilovers set that low. It wasn't that much work to widen the fenders enough to prevent rubbing.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts

View attachment 107033
Despite being lowered, you can see the BMW has a pretty good distance from the ground. Our Giulia is very low to begin with, despite the massive wheel gap of some models.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport
5 Posts
He just didn’t want the wheel gap. Of course it’s not without sacrifice. Seems he’s satisfied with the product. It’s hardly a low rider without oversized chrome wheels!

I’ve lowered and put cars back to stock height! That’s the beauty, it’s not permanent.

Also it’s the manufacturer(s) fault... Most concept cars have minimal wheel gap to create a sporty illusion. Some of us like a concept look I guess.

IMO it looks perfect

·
Vendor
2,601 Posts
Let's remember that the owner above has 19x10 on rear with spacers.

Below is another customer, with 19x9 on rear. This customer is very satisfied with the ride quality, lowered the car .9" over stock. He had 2 other springs on that did not do the job well and he is very happy with ours. Handles well and looks great. Lowering is not for everyone but I think our springs offer a better look and performance over the competitors.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts