Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
41 - 60 of 113 Posts
Alfatech: What is the idle speed supposed to be for the QV? And would that apply in neutral or when it is in gear? (I think the transmission disengages when it is stopped, so the idle speed is probably the same either way.)

Discussion starter · #42 ·
i'm looking to buy a 2 post lift for a new garage in the next 12 months. Do we know if most of these come with said square lift points? :)
The cars will all have them, the lift will depend which brand you buy and the type of lifting arms, but most come with square or round lifting pads, which will work fine to lift a Giulia.

Discussion starter · #43 ·
Hi Alfatech, the valve tapping sound at low speed really bother me ... do you know if that is normal for 2.0t? if not, what seems to be the cause of that? Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
It is normal for a direct injection engine.

Discussion starter · #44 ·
Alfatech: What is the idle speed supposed to be for the QV? And would that apply in neutral or when it is in gear? (I think the transmission disengages when it is stopped, so the idle speed is probably the same either way.)
I can check the spec on Thursday when I return to work, but any I’ve seen have been around 725-750rpm in neutral/park, slightly lower (25-75rpm?) if in gear.

The cars will all have them, the lift will depend which brand you buy and the type of lifting arms, but most come with square or round lifting pads, which will work fine to lift a Giulia.
thanks bud good to know being a lift newbie! On closer inspection I might want a higher one. Being 6ft2 I don't need to be bending (I've asked my contractor for an extended ceiling on the ground fl) :)

Discussion starter · #46 ·
thanks bud good to know being a lift newbie! On closer inspection I might want a higher one. Being 6ft2 I don't need to be bending (I've asked my contractor for an extended ceiling on the ground fl) :)
Np, if you look at the lift specs it should show max lift range so you’ll know how high it will go, I’m 6” and my 9k Rotary at work is sometimes a bit low, but nothing a 2x4 between the lift and the car can’t fix.

Hello all, just joined today. Yes, I am an alfa tech, i will be checking in from time to time, likely not daily but a few times a week likely. Also, my work computer is on caps, BUT SOMETIMES SHOW NO CAPS, IM NOT WORRIED ABOUT IT, BUT IF MY REPLIES LOOK FUNNY, ITS NOT MY FAULT, LOL. IF I'M SHOWING CAPS I'M NOT YELLING, JUST LAZY.

ALFATECH welcome to the forum. Do you have any insight on the alignment process for the camera in the windshield. My dealer finally got the 25K$ alignment tool from MOPAR after two weeks (no fault of the dealer) and they are having issues getting the system to align. Car has been there for a month due to my travels and them doing everything they can to get the car aligned. They have never done this alignment before and I guess it is giving them a good run for their money. So if you have any experience in this it would be greatly appreciated by all.

Let me end this by saying that the dealer has been absolutely phenomenal in this process. Have been updated constantly and been called by the GM as well. Alfa Premium Care also has been amazing in he communication process.

Cheers
TK

Discussion starter · #48 ·
I haven’t done one yet but I know they are tricky on the domestic cars, usually it’s a board with reflectors that needs to be aligned with the front of the car, and a procedure you need to follow through witech. Body shop sends this kinda stuff to us because they don’t do the resets/relearns.

Alfatec,

Is there a way to somehow adjust the seat bottom angle in the Ti base or sport seats? One of my complains with the car is that the seat bottom feels very flat and does not give too much thigh support. Is there a way to increase angle of the seat bottom? Maybe by installing a longer bolt that attaches the seat to the rail on the front?

One of my complains with the car is that the seat bottom feels very flat and does not give too much thigh support
I have the same issue. A longer bolt and spacer for fixed incline might do the trick but I can’t be certain. Ideally I’d like to fit all the OEM parts from a Lusso luxury seat bottom yet keep my Sport seat trim with the thicker side bolsters and the manual extendable thigh support cushion.

I’m still researching what all is needed. I know there is another motor, sensors, additional wiring, a different comfort seat module that would probably need a software download to be initialized. And that is where we might run into an issue. Not sure if you can initialize the module if your VIN doesn’t indicate it was built with the Lusso seat to begin with. I’ve never played with that stuff and don’t know how much FCA has things on lock down.

Discussion starter · #52 ·
Alfatec,

Is there a way to somehow adjust the seat bottom angle in the Ti base or sport seats? One of my complains with the car is that the seat bottom feels very flat and does not give too much thigh support. Is there a way to increase angle of the seat bottom? Maybe by installing a longer bolt that attaches the seat to the rail on the front?
Not that I know of, but I will look into it if I remember.

Thanks for all the kind welcomes everyone.

I haven’t done one yet but I know they are tricky on the domestic cars, usually it’s a board with reflectors that needs to be aligned with the front of the car, and a procedure you need to follow through witech. Body shop sends this kinda stuff to us because they don’t do the resets/relearns.

So update. The dealer was able to align the ACC module wit the tool they leased from MOPAR. Their challenge now is the camera in the windshield. Seems as the camera and the acar are not communicating. So they are going to bypass the ACC module and see if that helps so they can isolate where the communication failure is.

Cheers
TK

Welcome Alfatech. Any insight into defeating the asr/esc on 2.0 cars for hpde/autox? I understand if you can't answer this question for legal reasons. I just HAD to ask.

Discussion starter · #55 ·
Welcome Alfatech. Any insight into defeating the asr/esc on 2.0 cars for hpde/autox? I understand if you can't answer this question for legal reasons. I just HAD to ask.
You should be able to yank the fuse or simply disconnect a wheel speed sensor to disable the system, I can’t say for sure as I’ve never done it but it should work.

Discussion starter · #56 ·
So update. The dealer was able to align the ACC module wit the tool they leased from MOPAR. Their challenge now is the camera in the windshield. Seems as the camera and the acar are not communicating. So they are going to bypass the ACC module and see if that helps so they can isolate where the communication failure is.

Cheers
TK
If the module is new, the car will need to have a proxy configuration alignment performed as well as a restor vehicle configuration (in witech) to see the module on the network......this should be painfully obvious to them though as this system has been in use for years.

Yes you can do that but it’s stupid to do that. The whole ESC non-defeat issue is so overblown. The Continental MK C1 Integrated Brake System is highly complex. Pulling the fuse turns it into a dumb system that performs worse than a conventional vacuum power assist hydraulically actuated brake system. You lose things like ABS, dynamic rear proportioning, Brake Limited Differential (BLD) function, etc. I can almost guarantee that you are not a good enough driver to drive better without aids than with the ESC enabled in Dynamic mode. A pro in your car with all aids on will destroy your autox time with ESC disabled. Work on the driver. The car is perfectly capable as is. It might not be as much fun, but smoother is faster.

If the module is new, the car will need to have a proxy configuration alignment performed as well as a restor vehicle configuration (in witech) to see the module on the network......this should be painfully obvious to them though as this system has been in use for years.

Not sure what they are doing in that regards. They have the service rep there and a configuration report submitted to Alfa Romeo engineers in Italy. Sunday will be the beginning of week 6 with out the vehicle.

Yes you can do that but it’s stupid to do that. The whole ESC non-defeat issue is so overblown. The Continental MK C1 Integrated Brake System is highly complex. Pulling the fuse turns it into a dumb system that performs worse than a conventional vacuum power assist hydraulically actuated brake system. You lose things like ABS, dynamic rear proportioning, Brake Limited Differential (BLD) function, etc. I can almost guarantee that you are not a good enough driver to drive better without aids than with the ESC enabled in Dynamic mode. A pro in your car with all aids on will destroy your autox time with ESC disabled. Work on the driver. The car is perfectly capable as is. It might not be as much fun, but smoother is faster.
I'm not debating any of that. Smoother is faster but fun is fun. I'm not going to buy a Giulia to take to nationals. Part of enjoying a car for me is autox and track days. At an autox I like a throttle adjustable rear end, having a light flash and power cut/brake grabbed when I want to be a bit of an idoit (in a controlled environment) ruins the experience for me. It's a personal thing, but clearly I'm not the only one that shares that opinion.

having a light flash and power cut/brake grabbed when I want to be a bit of an idoit (in a controlled environment) ruins the experience for me. It's a personal thing, but clearly I'm not the only one that shares that opinion.
Understood. Unfortunately, I think you'll be waiting a while (possibly indefinitely) for a genuine ESC defeat option that doesn't make all other aspects of the braking system suck also. The base/Ti cars can be driven at auto-x and HPDE quite rapidly and in a fun manner, especially with some DOT-R tires. But if you're hoping for lurid drifts on dry pavement, I'm afraid you bought the wrong car. Need to step up to the Quadrifoglio for that.

41 - 60 of 113 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.