Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just saw this on AlfaOBD's website "
Note: Alfa Romeo Giulia/Stelvio, Fiat 500X/Toro and Jeep Renegade/Compass (MP) require the "grey" adapter (see below) for the access to the second high-speed CAN bus.
The LX and SX interfaces require "blue" adapter for the access to the middle-speed CAN bus.
The OBDLink LX or SX devices are recommended for other Fiat/Alfa Romeo/Lancia CAN-based cars with the low-speed CAN bus on pins 1 & 9 of the OBD plug. The "yellow" adapter is required for the access to the low-speed CAN bus"

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I use MultiECUScan 4.7 and it is the best one for the Giulia. I can even access a number of modules on the Quadrifoglio. You can use either a good set of coloured cable adaptors or use Multiplex (which I do).

·
Registered
742 Posts
it depends on what you want to do. you can always install both and test for yourself in trial mode.

MES - supports more modules, user interface is much nicer and more intuitive.
AlfaOBD - list of supported modules is still small for Giulia/Stelvio, interface not as good, more complicated however supports broader range of cars not only Alfa/Fiat but also Chrysler/Dodge/RAM.

for regular user requirements like read/clear errors, do some adaptations/service resets, check live parameters I'd recommend MES.
for garage workshop good to have both.

both of them require color cables to connect to cars unless you'll buy multiplexer adapter which does all that cable switching by itself but is much more expensive and I don't find it worth money spent for regular user.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I actually just downloaded the free demo. Looks like the Giulia is actually supported despite what their website lists.

I'll give it a try since it's pretty convenient over Bluetooth/phone

·
Registered
985 Posts
Just tried AlfoOBD (trial version) with my obdlink Bluetooth adapter and it gives you a ton of info... maybe more than I have seen is MES. Very easy to use as well.

It's so much more convenient than lugging out a laptop as well. I like it.

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Ti Q2, Performance Pack
2,255 Posts
I use both.

Alfaobd i use as a great code reader. Its more convenient to use and reads alfa specific codes so its great at that.

For datalogging, adaptations and coding use mes. It has more access and much better sampling.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
OBDlink... You need to use their hardware though
Thanks man. Is that quad though? Apparently all the tools pick it up on quads including MES but not the damn 2 liter

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Nope, my two point slow
Quick question. Have you tested that value? I notice at what appears to be idle it shows wastegate values at 100 percent. Are they reversed or do they not work correctly?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Quick question. Have you tested that value? I notice at what appears to be idle it shows wastegate values at 100 percent. Are they reversed or do they not work correctly?
Car was off...

It's been a long time since I've looked at it, I remember it moving around (and passing my sanity check) but can't remember if its % open or % closed

1 - 20 of 20 Posts