Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi, went for the 2.0 petrol MA. Didn't fancy diesel and couldn't afford the Q.
oh ok good choice! I'm still up in the air if I want one or not. I live in (Southern)California, USA. Im afraid of reliability issues at this point for the first year. The closest dealer is 60 miles away. 120 round trip. I don't want to be going back and forth. In my city we have Mercedes, BMW and Audi dealers so it makes more sense to purchase from them since it's close. I can't buy anything yet so a lot can change. I really would like to see a middle option engine wise. Not the 2.0t nor the QV.

Any issues with your car?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just bought my white alfa recently, after it being in the shop for a week for them overinflating a tire and it blowing up on me (it took them 6 days to get the tire), I should get it back tomorrow. Thinking about vinyl wrapping the side mirrors with gloss black, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I just bought my white alfa recently, after it being in the shop for a week for them overinflating a tire and it blowing up on me (it took them 6 days to get the tire), I should get it back tomorrow. Thinking about vinyl wrapping the side mirrors with gloss black, any suggestions?
The mirrors might look fine in black but personally I think the Giulia is too classy of a car to go wild with wrapping anywhere else ... looks best from the factory to me ... I think they will be releasing carbon fibre mirror caps which might look more appropriate but obviously higher cost

·
Registered
25 Posts
The mirrors might look fine in black but personally I think the Giulia is too classy of a car to go wild with wrapping anywhere else ... looks best from the factory to me ... I think they will be releasing carbon fibre mirror caps which might look more appropriate but obviously higher cost
I agree, the Giulia is extremely classy. I like when the mirrors match the window trim, just a personal preference, hoping it doesn't ruin it but I might wait for the carbon fiber as well, thanks mate!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow sorry to hear that. That's quite a long time to get a tire. Did you have a loaner car during this period? I think they are still struggling to have the parts on hand for any sort of problem as of now. Maybe by next year this will be sorted out.

I think the mirrors would look awesome wrapped black. Look a couple of posts above another member has his done it looks good. Do you have a black roof? I think it will look even better with the black roof.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow sorry to hear that. That's quite a long time to get a tire. Did you have a loaner car during this period? I think they are still struggling to have the parts on hand for any sort of problem as of now. Maybe by next year this will be sorted out.

I think the mirrors would look awesome wrapped black. Look a couple of posts above another member has his done it looks good. Do you have a black roof? I think it will look even better with the black roof.
Yup got them done black today! Looks great and yes I do have a black roof. It looks very slick. Yah the tire was a bummer and the loaner was a Yellow Fiat, I wanted to strangle something each time I drove it. It's funny because I had my giulia for a few hours before the tire popped because of their negligence. Ah well, car is back now and it's looking great. Though I did tell them to wrap it and instead of doing that, they painted it...without contacting me. The paint turned out OK, wasn't a great paint job, a few bubbles, but I guess I'll have to get it fixed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yup got them done black today! Looks great and yes I do have a black roof. It looks very slick. Yah the tire was a bummer and the loaner was a Yellow Fiat, I wanted to strangle something each time I drove it. It's funny because I had my giulia for a few hours before the tire popped because of their negligence. Ah well, car is back now and it's looking great. Though I did tell them to wrap it and instead of doing that, they painted it...without contacting me. The paint turned out OK, wasn't a great paint job, a few bubbles, but I guess I'll have to get it fixed.
That's great glad to hear you got your car back!
Ah man I think I would be pissed too with a fiat, unless they loaned me a 124 Abarth. The fiat 500x looks ok.
So the dealership was supposed to do the wrap but they painted them instead? Crazy! I bet it looks good,
Post some pictures when you have a chance if you don't mind. I would love to see it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts