Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://youtu.be/Tb7mcHd-UQU

Mods place where you want....thought the Alfa community would like to see/hear one of the rarest street-legal Alfa race cars..
Tipo 33 only 18 made in total...supposedly of the 18 5 were turned into concept cars...
each 2.0 V8 was considered bespoke as they did not all make the same reported 230Hp.....
was lucky enough to see/hear one in CT belongs to financier Auriana a great collector of Italian Metal
Hope You Enjoy

Salve
M

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,748 Posts
I was privileged to see, along with another favorite.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
AR had one (I assume from the museum) on their stand last year at the NYC auto show. Easily one of the most beautiful cars ever made, and the stuff of legends.

I read an article about the 33S that said they were built for 'special' customers. I assume 'special' is a synonym for 'filthy rich'!

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
AR had one (I assume from the museum) on their stand last year at the NYC auto show. Easily one of the most beautiful cars ever made, and the stuff of legends.

I read an article about the 33S that said they were built for 'special' customers. I assume 'special' is a synonym for 'filthy rich'!
actually that was Lawrence Auriana's car on loan LOL
his Alfa collection includes: a 1933 8C 2300 Monza, 1953 6C 3000 CM, 1968 Tipo 33 Stradale and a stunning Maser 250F

·
Registered
7,748 Posts

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
My pictures are from the Detroit Auto Show. Ahem, North American International Auto Show (AKA NAIAS). Either way, it's still in Cobo Hall.

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
I own a Alfa and a Saab and married a Half Iranian/Half Italian woman. I should probably get my head checked lol
Or she should. >:)

Reactions: Gfrfan

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
the Stratos in your avatar ain't half bad either!
It's another one of my favorite.
That isn't mine... I wish. They trade for half million dollars nowadays.

I LOVE the Stratos. Progenitor of the 4C?
Hardly so, the Stratos came out 7 years later plus it's a Lancia :laugh:
It was machine built specifically to win rally races and produced in very limited street numbers. It's part of the golden age of Lancia when it won rallies for 2 decades with the Stratos, 037, and Delta S4.

All three of them are shown and driven in this video:

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
Hardly so, the Stratos came out 7 years later plus it's a Lancia :laugh:
I'll give you the Lancia part, but how do you figure 7 years later? Didn't the 4C debut in 2015?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.