Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just need to vent. After owning my 2019 Alfa Giulia ti sport its gone. I got into an accident (someone hit me from a stop sign) and its totaled. I was told it has structural damage. It was great while I had it. Not sure if I will get another one only because of lack of dealer locations near me to do service on the car. The one I bought the car from their service isn’t the best in my opinion but thats another discussion

·
Registered
797 Posts
Oh man! Well you're writing this, so you must be somewhat OK. Sad to see you go if that's your choice. Best of luck with everything.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
How many airbags inflated?
If you don't mind, please post info about your insurance co. and how well you are compensated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
God damn, horrible!

I'd rather be reading you tell us about it than your obituary. So it's all good...just a car and can be replaced.

Where are you based? Road signs and lack of front plate would suggest the states?

·
Registered
544 Posts
So sorry to see that. That is really really tragic.

I understand your frustration with a lack of local dealers but that wouldn't prevent me. If I could find a local mechanic that I trust, I'd prefer that over a dealer any day. I have a shop I have used for 20 years. I am fortunate that our local dealer is pretty awesome but still, a dealer isn't typically the only game in town.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am from Maryland. There is a front plate law but like most Giulia owner I prefer not to put it on. I agree with you about mechanics also but I was told only warranty work can only be done by dealerships.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Second totaled Giulia I've read about today. Are these cars easier to total than usual? Not basing this on any data, just genuinely wondering.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Second totaled Giulia I've read about today. Are these cars easier to total than usual? Not basing this on any data, just genuinely wondering.
Possibly, but because of high depreciation rates and high repair costs (high parts costs, long parts delivery times, labor intensive R&R procedures) rather than the car taking more damage in an accident than average.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
A simple, low speed rear-side impact caused $6,000 in repairs/parts, $2,000 in rental car costs, and will cost $2-3,000 in diminution of value claim, for a total of $10-11,000 total claim on a Base 2017 2.0T valued at $23,000. That’s already almost 50% total or over 25% on the repair alone. Given they total at 70%, any serious damage on a 2017-2018 Giulia is likely to be a total loss claim.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes they put it over $35k in damages s structural damage. i was also told parts probably would of took around 2 months.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
11 Participants
Angdjr
Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
We’re the top forum to discuss Alfa Romeo Giulia’s seductive styling, luxury and race level performance.
Full Forum Listing