Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

My name is Cooper, I have been following this forum for a few months now, and love all the information this forum has. I am an Alfa sales consultant at Alfa Romeo of Cincinnati. I might be able to help some of you with some questions that you have for dealerships that you really don't want to ask them.

I'll be honest with everything, I'm not on this forum to sell cars, just to help out fellow Alfa lovers.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks, I am in Columbus! Glad to connect.

Question: When is an update coming so I can use my ipod?

I really miss it.
Thanks, John

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,808 Posts
Welcome, Cooper. While I can't think of any questions I wouldn't want to ask, I can imagine there are some (maybe many?) that dealerships might not want to answer.

That said, I'll take a shot. What's the best way of getting a good price for a set of OEM wheels that were removed when a customer wanted something else mounted at delivery?

·
Registered
573 Posts
MY2018 Order Tracking

Welcome Cooper

What information should my dealer be providing me on my order status?
When should I be expecting updates from my dealer?
They are a new dealer so I am not sure they really have an idea of how things should go.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For this, the best way is to just ask your dealer. They should be fair with you when it comes to price. Just tell them that you would like to know what wheels they have and what they would cost. I doubt there would be a big mark-up for them.

Welcome, Cooper. While I can't think of any questions I wouldn't want to ask, I can imagine there are some (maybe many?) that dealerships might not want to answer.

That said, I'll take a shot. What's the best way of getting a good price for a set of OEM wheels that were removed when a customer wanted something else mounted at delivery?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Of course each dealership is going to be different when it comes to this, but with 2018 models coming prices usually drop just to try and sell the '17's. Definitely a great time to be in the market for one. Also, if anyone is thinking about just waiting until 2018 to buy/lease a Giulia, the incentives will not be as good. You can finance a Giulia (excluding Quadrifoglio) for 60 months at 0% right now. I highly doubt that will be the case with 2018's

2017 Giulia prices have been dropped by $7,500. Any comments?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Woodstk88, its a bit hard to say when it comes to that, the updates the dealer even gets is few and far in-between, but they should be updating you each time they are updated. If it's been months and you haven't heard anything I would contact them

Welcome Cooper

What information should my dealer be providing me on my order status?
When should I be expecting updates from my dealer?
They are a new dealer so I am not sure they really have an idea of how things should go.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
When is an update coming so I can use my ipod?

I really miss it.
Thanks, John
My car received a host of updates a couple of weeks ago, and my iPod (iPhone 6) now works fine when plugged in via cable to a USB hub.

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome Cooper

Maybe my question might not be easy to answer but I'm curious if dealers are eager to move QV's and cut deals or are they fine with some of them sitting on the lots?
Any idea why the Lease options aren't really competitive at the present moment?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi John, Go Bucks! Are you trying to connect your iPod via USB cable or bluetooth? I've never really tried to connect an iPod but I'll certainly try to help you.

Ipod Classic plugged into the USB port. Known issue - looking for a software update to fix.
Thanks, John

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Hi Cooper! Welcome. Any more info on why the 2018 Giulias have been held at port in both Italy and the US? We have ideas but it would be nice to hear from the "inside." Thanks and the Alfisti here are both young and old. This board has a strong core of enthusiasts, including some professional automotive people. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Forza!
John.
:D

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
726 sales in October. I wonder how many 2017s remain.

·
Registered
693 Posts
@AlfaCoop,
Not sure if you're still answering questions, but here's one for you.
Do you know how dealers can find out the scheduled ship departure port and date and arrival port and date for ordered vehicles? If so, can you provide instructions such that another dealer would understand how to proceed?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts