Whoa..

·
Registered
511 Posts

Snazzy new office space as well..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Needless to say, not good news for Alfa’s future. I thought the new Jeep Grand Cherokee would use the Giorgio platform, I guess not. The Compass is a pi of junk, so the Tonale just became a lot less desirable

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well, it Does look like Jeep GC does use Giorgio platform Why an Alfa Romeo-Sourced Platform Is Good News for Jeep's 2021 Grand Cherokee L. This is a January’21 article and Automobile magazine has similar article in same month. Why should we Alfa owners care? Because spreading Giorgio cost over exponentially greater Jeep GC sales increases likelihood this excellent chassis continues in the future. future Alfas on Alfa chassis much better than Alfas on Jeep chassis.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
269 Posts
Well, it Does look like Jeep GC does use Giorgio platform Why an Alfa Romeo-Sourced Platform Is Good News for Jeep's 2021 Grand Cherokee L. This is a January’21 article and Automobile magazine has similar article in same month. Why should we Alfa owners care? Because spreading Giorgio cost over exponentially greater Jeep GC sales increases likelihood this excellent chassis continues in the future. future Alfas on Alfa chassis much better than Alfas on Jeep chassis.
Interesting because that article directly contradicts the original article posted which basically said nothing outside the Giulia/Stelvio uses it except the Maserati Levante.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
873 Posts
They will be switching away from a Ferrari "inspired" platform, to a Fiat/Peugeot one.

I don't see myself buying into re-badged Fiats and Peugeots. (I doubt the automotive press or the public will either).

The 4C and Giulia were..... "lightning in a bottle".

Seems like history repeating itself.

:(

PS>Mike Manley is to Alfa as John Scully was to Apple IMHO

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,640 Posts
Curious to see what last year of Giulia and Stelvio will be.

The Tonale has always shared Compass/Renegade architecture.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is a tragedy in the making. It seems clear that people at the top do not understand the Alfa Romeo brand. Just like when they made the 164 FWD pushing people to try and swap the incredible engine they developed into Milano and GTV chassis. The Giulia highlighted that the BMW is no longer the pinnacle of "drivers car" they claimed to be and many reviewers are still preferring the QV over the newest M3 release half decade later...

The main thing that held Alfa back is chain reaction: Poor perception of reliability (perhaps unfairly, but that's the thing about reputations they must be built diligently and patiently), leading to high depreciation. High depreciation leading to uncompetitive leases; I just leased a Giulia, 47% RV after 36,000 miles, competitors RV is over 10% higher then that leading to leases that are hundreds of dollars cheaper per month for the comparative vehicle. The Giorgio platform is phenomenal and is responsible for most of the accolades this car receives (and probably most of the tires it shreds). If Stellantis really wanted to attack their competitors they should couple it with an oversized warranty, literally put their money where their mouth is and say "hey, you think the car is unreliable? No problem, we'll take on the risk and prove you wrong". Doesn't have to be something permanent, just long enough to break the stigma and let people learn that the new models are no less (and possibly more) reliable than Audi, BWM, Mercedes.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
@nbview, good question for the mega-manufacturer that wants to sell us $100,000 plus Jeeps.

Reactions: WombatNCombat

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
I have been leasing my Giulias (on my second and intending to get a third) but will be hesitant about buying one in anticipation of its demise now that the brand’s future in the US looks less promising.

Reactions: WombatNCombat

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
And the new boss talked such a good game. Pity.

·
Registered
85 Posts
We now own peak Alfa Romeo... or at least the last actual Alfa Romeo
Please explain.... I don't get it.... ALL manufactures now must transition to EV platforms. This changes everything for everyone. It doesn't matter if you are Ferrari or Fiat you must chance. Why do you think the new platforms will not be successful? I'm not saying they won't be, but right now we need to wait and see.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
873 Posts
Please explain.... I don't get it.... ALL manufactures now must transition to EV platforms. This changes everything for everyone. It doesn't matter if you are Ferrari or Fiat you must chance. Why do you think the new platforms will not be successful? I'm not saying they won't be, but right now we need to wait and see.
Its not ICE vs EV. its Ferrari vs Fiat/Peugeot. IMHO

If Maserati and Alfa developed an EV platform they could share, i'd be hopeful. But to re-purpose Fiats/Peugeots...... that's just not my jam.

1 - 20 of 263 Posts