Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Looks cool! I like the tire tread straps. It looks like rubber which would be good for outdoors.

But I prefer the one with the clover leaf! Looks like it has leather straps. More for casual evening wear.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
They are both nice, but since I have plenty of chronographs, I will opt for the ChronoSwiss Regulator when they come available. Thanks for the links!

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks cool! I like the tire tread straps. It looks like rubber which would be good for outdoors.

But I prefer the one with the clover leaf! Looks like it has leather straps. More for casual evening wear.
Maybe a watch shop can add a cloverleaf to the Chopard's dial?

The rubber strap, which is actually like a bracelet in function, is supposed to evoke 1960s Dunlop treads. The watch is also available with a metal bracelet if you prefer.

They are both nice, but since I have plenty of chronographs, I will opt for the ChronoSwiss Regulator when they come available. Thanks for the links!
The ChronoSwiss Regulator site shows "Sold Out". A third-party transaction may be necessary.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Yes, they made 500 Competiziones, and less than 500 Spiders. Total production estimated to be between 800 and 900 units.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good information. Thanks. I wonder if the commitment to sell watches only to 8C owners was kept.

I think including the watch with the car would be nice. Buy a Bentley, get a Breitling. Buy a Ferrari, get a Hublot. Buy a Lamborghini, get a Tonino.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I picked up one of these chunky Pirelli watches a few years back. Maybe I should switch to a red strap to match my car's interior.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Watches are my weak spot, have a collection worth quite more than my Giulia, specially after SFr jumped like crazy....while some of these are really fine pieces I never had a feel for car branded watches, I just buy them from watch brands directly:) it looks a bit fanboyish to me...what is next, Alfa branded golf clubs?:)

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have a bottle of Alfa branded wine (if my wife hasn't already consumed it)

Cool bottle

·
Registered
40 Posts
Awesome post!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Even if I liked the watch of a car manufacturer, I just couldn't wear one if I also drove a car from that manufacturer. Is that just me?

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Even if I liked the watch of a car manufacturer, I just couldn't wear one if I also drove a car from that manufacturer. Is that just me?
Too much of a good thing?

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Reactions: Avnyc11 and MattP

·
Registered
203 Posts
Autodromo has nice automotive themed watches at reasonable prices. Centerline Alfa sells a couple of them or you can go right to Autodromo:
http://www.autodromo.com/

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
20 Posts
I love watches too, but there are alot of car inspired watches you can go with for a general purpose, but of course as we enthusiasts we want to get what we have, but I can suggest a few to look into, but I drive a bunch of different cars daily so idk if me driving a Giulia to w/e car i get into wearing a very specific watch will be ideal. Besides it also depends if you want a quartz or mechanical watch. Brands you can look at aside from stated above that are cheaper than the 3k mark that you can find are:

Oris watch
Edifice
Tag Heuer
Tissot
Orient Watch
Seiko

Many more factors like if you want used, vintage, etc. but whatever suits your style. Love to see more watch talk.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.