Vendor
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QV #1 - 4200 miles (Traded) issue Free

QV #2 - 4050 miles (Current) issue Free

·
Registered
460 Posts
6,600 on my Ti with absolutely zero issues. Drove through a sleet storm Saturday night from Baltimore to D.C. and back. Saw 5-6 cars stranded or broken down along the way. I never once had a pang of worry that I wasn't going to get where I wanted to go. I've never desired AWD before, but the car was so sure-footed plowing through the half-frozen slush. So impressive, just love this car!

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,635 Posts
btw, 18,000 klms 200hp Super
have changed oil twice
serviced once
had one error once only, found out updates had not been done, updates now done, error never cam back, CEL
AEB was disabled by heavy rain once (as expected)

no issues, accelerates like a french skunk courting a black and white feline down a back alley during happy hour

mon cherie amour, mon Giulia, je t'adore, mwuuah mwwuahh mwuahhh

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Before we celebrate too much someone is bound to point out that this is based on a single model - the Giulietta.
That's even better, as the Giulia and Stelvio are built in a more modern factory than Giulietta. They're mechanically even more reliable imho.
Software-wise, they seem to have worked around most of the issues by now.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,670 Posts
Before we celebrate too much someone is bound to point out that this is based on a single model - the Giulietta.
Also Giulietta did not top Accord or Civic. The Honda stats included their entire product line and apparently Honda's SUV lineup has some issues. There is a similar situation for other brands (especially Mercedes) so that if you compare similar models Alfa's stats do not look quite so good.

That said, it seems that the number of issues per car reported in the forum is pretty low for Giulia. The time to repair an issue (including accidental damage) OTOH is not good.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you read the article you will see that the reliability ratings are for the brands overall, not just the Guilietta. The Giulietta appears to simply be the only Alfa they specifically reviewed over the past three years.

---------------------
Alfa’s reliability record is often brought into question, but the brand finished a healthy fifth out of 32 manufacturers tested in our most recent reliability survey.
---------------------

Although good news, I wouldn't put too much faith in the survey -- they did not mention methodology, confidence intervals or sample size.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I hate to tell you but the new Automobile 2018 All Stars just came out and two AR QV models (the second was a replacement from AR) both ran CEL and went into limp mode so were eliminated from the competition, I believe the only vehicles they tested that had this issue.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I hate to tell you but the new Automobile 2018 All Stars just came out and two AR QV models (the second was a replacement from AR) both ran CEL and went into limp mode so were eliminated from the competition, I believe the only vehicles they tested that had this issue.
Which tells us basically nothing. The fact that a breakdown happens to happen during a magazine test is not necessarily significant. There isn't a car made that will never have issues - its just a matter of when. My 911 Turbo once went into limp mode (PDK controller died), although it was otherwise a very reliable car. Had I been a tester and that happened to be the day when I had it, I should have dismissed the entire model because of that one random event on that one day involving one car?

This is why magazine tests should not be taken too seriously. Journalists write stories, not scientifically sampled tests.

·
Registered
316 Posts
There is a huge difference between two cars having problems and a reliability survey involving thousands of cars. Frankly, there just isn't enough data yet to tell what the reliability of Alfa's new cars will be.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,380 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts