Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now this was weird when I seen it. This Alfa Romeo Giulia is literally stuck on the driveway. As the rear tire lifted off the ground it seems like everything kind of went downhill. The owner seems to think it's a programming failure as his hashtag implies and he's wondering why the torque vectoring differential and traction control didn't do anything. Anyone wanna shed some light ?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
It is really a auto journalist or who ever had this vehicle being a idiot and wanting attention.

1. Car is Driverless and in drive, extremely dangerous situation.
2. Low Speed (less then 5mph in this case) differentials do not lock so he found the perfect angle where the car was beached and the diff doesn't lock at low speeds to get up the hill, the right rear wheel was motionless while the left wheel was spinning.
3. Most cars are the same situation, my GT86 wouldn't go up my hill unless I gave it a a bit more gas. Unless you have a 4wd with a low speed diff lock all cars would follow this exact scenario.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So he's pretty much just an attention seeking monkey is all..

Well he definitely got the attention :|

Thanks for clearing that up though !

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The exact same thing happen to me in my 2016 Audi S3 on my driveway! Lol. Not a big deal at all....
Lol so all you have to is touch the gas and the other wheel will hook up and pull you outta that situation ? I've personally never experienced this but after the explanation above, I feel like a fool for even considering that this was a screwup on Alfa's part

·
Registered
13 Posts
In my driveway, I just let off the gas and brake and let it roll back till three of the wheels are touching. The car does NOT like having opposite corner wheels with no traction!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts