Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I’m excited to be part of this community!

Over the past few months, I’ve been literally parsing hundreds of manufacturer’s sales spreadsheets to compile automotive sales figures for all vehicles sold in the US starting from 2005 and putting it up publicly in an easy to digest format for the greater automotive community. I’ve been breaking down the numbers down to sales over the year, quarter and month (if applicable). Q2 numbers just came out today!

Just wanted to share some numbers with the community here.

Happy to post any other sales numbers for any other vehicles or having these numbers be broken down every further if you would be interested in seeing that!

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Everyone says they will buy it but no one does lol. See that on every Alfa vs video or article. They all pick the Alfa as the winner. Yet sales volume for QVs is about 1,000 per year. It’s a solid reliable car but it can’t shake its reliability reputation. The price point vs the risk is too much for most. You have people scared to buy a used QV for $50k still under warranty.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Thanks for your first post and for sharing the sales information. Some of us have been asking it for a while, in order to officially know where the brand is, sales wise. We already know that the Giulia/Stelvio/4C are ones of the bests in the market. This below table was the one I could put together in mid March, when all this shit started here in the US, and seaching the Internet. Your 3,703 cars in Q1 2020 is in line with my 3,702 cars sold from 1/01 to 3/15/20. Your 3,734 cars sold in Q2 2020 looks great, knowing that the Q2 2020 was prctically dead worldwide and compared with the 4,752 of Q2 2019 (80 Index due to Covid19 is not bad at all).

·
Registered
484 Posts
We started looking at a replacement SUV for my Wife (sadly a Stelvio isn’t in the stars right now... partly because my wife feels the back seat is too cramped and plain) and we pulled in to another brand dealership with my white beauty. Several of the salesmen came out and couldn’t stop clamoring over her. I’ll take the lower sales as who wants to see yourself every block.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your first post and for sharing the sales information. Some of us have been asking it for a while, in order to officially know where the brand is, sales wise. We already know that the Giulia/Stelvio/4C are ones of the bests in the market. This below table was the one I could put together in mid March, when all this shit started here in the US, and seaching the Internet. Your 3,703 cars in Q1 2020 is in line with my 3,702 cars sold from 1/01 to 3/15/20. Your 3,734 cars sold in Q2 2020 looks great, knowing that the Q2 2020 was prctically dead worldwide and compared with the 4,752 of Q2 2019 (80 Index due to Covid19 is not bad at all).

View attachment 100585
Awesome chart! Here are some more bonus charts I just put together.

Not sure if I'm allowed to plug my website, so I won't post a link, but on my website can do some research on how every manufacturer/brand/vehicle is doing for literally 1000s of vehicles.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
@carfigures, if you could please put together a 4-line graph, for 2020, by month, with the Audi, Mercedes Benz, BMW and Alfa Romeo sales (all car models together in each line), that will help to see the trends this year comparing these 4 brands. I will assume that the Q2 2020 was a disaster for everyone, although Alfa Romeo is 80 Index versus 2Q 2019, which is not bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@carfigures, if you could please put together a 4-line graph, for 2020, by month, with the Audi, Mercedes Benz, BMW and Alfa Romeo sales (all car models together in each line), that will help to see the trends this year comparing these 4 brands. I will assume that the Q2 2020 was a disaster for everyone, although Alfa Romeo is 80 Index versus 2Q 2019, which is not bad.

Hmm, wondering if I can add links since the images don't really do this justice since the charts are actually interactive

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,892 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Thanks @carfigures. Good information. It would be great one graph with all 4 brands on the same graph to see the trends each other (and in the same quarters). The Mercedes Benz information gets only to Q3 2019 and both the Audi and BMW to Q1 2020. Below the 4 brands aside each other but, one graph with all 4 would be much better.

In general, from 2017, both Audi (Flat-up) and Mercedes Benz (Flat-up) look better than both Alfa Romeo (fFlat-down) and BWM (Flat-down).

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
If Alfa can sell 30-40k a year they will be fine. They will never compete with the big 3. Just like jaguar
Agree that the total will never be as big as those other 3 brands. That's why we're so exclusive! We see Mercedes Benz at 350,000 per year, BMW at 325,000 per year and Audi at 225,000 per year. In other words, everyone has one! As long as there is a positive sales trend for Alfa Romeo, everyone should be happy. The 40,000 per year would be a nice number and 168 Index versus the best year so far (2018). I think that the Q2 2020 sales at 80% of the Q2 2019 including the Covid19 debacle is a decent number. The Jan-Feb'2020 sales looked like a great start of the year when it was all stopped by this current shit.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Agree that the total will never be as big as those other 3 brands. That's why we're so exclusive! We see Mercedes Benz at 350,000 per year, BMW at 325,000 per year and Audi at 225,000 per year. In other words, everyone has one! As long as there is a positive sales trend for Alfa Romeo, everyone should be happy. The 40,000 per year would be a nice number and 168 Index versus the best year so far (2018). I think that the Q2 2020 sales at 80% of the Q2 2019 including the Covid19 debacle is a decent number. The Jan-Feb'2020 sales looked like a great start of the year when it was all stopped by this current shit.
Bit of paradox really isn't? We want the exclusivity of an exotic car but the dealer network of a mass production car. It's actually kind of amazing we have the current dealer network looking at those numbers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys, I want to buy my first car, which is the best option? I can afford a car under $15k but I want to make the best choice, can't decide. Also, who can recommend me a good website check vehicle identification number? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
419 Posts
The 3rd quarter figures are starting to trickle in. Alfa Romeo appears to be doing quite well, at least in comparison to most automakers. (Looking at you Genesis and Infinity.) After weak 1Q, sales figures have rebounded nicely in 3Q and running only around 10.5% below last year.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Thanks for sharing @Silverstroke. I was looking for that update. Mainly after yesterday's sharing in this Forum of a recent interview with Bob Broderdorf, Director of Operations for Alfa Romeo North America, where he pointed out the pick up in sales. Even with the Covid19 effect, 2020 is at 94% so far against 2019 (12,493 cars vs. 13,347 cars) which is outstanding news. At the last JAS-2020 quarter's pace, Alfa Romeo will end 2020 selling the same amount of cars than in 2019, which is great news knowing the Mar-Apr'2020 shutdown of the whole planet. So, I'm forecasting 50 more years for Alfa Romeo in the USA !!!

1 - 20 of 115 Posts