Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Alfa Romeo announced earlier this year that their full product rollout will be pushed back from 2018 to 2020 and now, the automaker has revealed a new plan update to reflect the release delay.

To be revealed later this year at the LA Auto Show is Alfa Romeo’s new midsize crossover, the Stelvio. It’s expected to debut in early 2017 and the crossover will be borrowing the Giulia’s underpinnings and engine range. Two more SUVs are to follow but we don’t have any information on those yet, nor do we know when the two models are set to be released.

Sitting above the Giulia is a full-size sedan that will rival Audi A6 and BMW 5 series. Not too much is known beyond that along with the two specialty models.

What is of note is the luxury brand’s intent to release a hatchback by 2020. It will probably replace the outgoing Giulietta which was first introduced at the 2010 Geneva Motor Show. Just this year, the luxury hatch received a facelift and the model may be updated once more before the 2020 model is unveiled.

If there are no more delays, we should see them all on showroom floors before the end of 2020.

·
Registered
161 Posts
A big sedan to rival the A6 and 5 series would be nice... might even trade up for one when (and if) the time comes.
Only time.. and lots of new capital for FCA...will tell.

·
Registered
193 Posts
A big sedan to rival the A6 and 5 series would be nice... might even trade up for one when (and if) the time comes.
Only time.. and lots of new capital for FCA...will tell.
I wonder what that would do to Ghibli sales? Maserati is already having a difficult time moving them. They tend to cost 10-20K more that a similarly optioned 5-series. So if the new Mid-sized Alfa costs ~5-7k less than the 5-series -- Maserati is really going to have trouble moving Ghibli's. I see crazy deals advertised all the time since I have a dealership within 5-miles - tempting but I fear I couldn't afford the maintenance costs!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts