Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local Ferrari/Maserati dealership in Herndon/Dulles began selling AR several months ago. I visited their showroom in April when I was in the market for my Giulia. I was underwhelmed by the sales service; it seemed as if the salesman was doing me a favor to speak with me. I ended up buying elsewhere because of selection, but I’ve been back once for a warranty concern. Recently, I made an appointment for my first scheduled maintenance. With every interaction with this dealer, I’ve gotten the distinct feeling that AR owners are the red-headed stepchild at the dealership. Has anyone else had similar experiences with this dealership?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had a terrible experience there recently.

I was about to lease a Maserati GT from a dealer in Albany. They had a pretty nice package on the web and I was about the pull the trigger.

I decided to call MoW to see what they had. The guy wrote down what I was offered by the other dealer and called me back an hour later. He said they could honor that deal; stop by.

I drove there (four hours) and test drove a car. Then we went to do the paperwork. Suddenly, the deal "they could honor" went AWOL.

They tried to hit me with full retail. Then backed off 10K (yeah right). I pressed him him about the deal we made on the phone. He bold face told me they do that to get people to come to the dealership. They couldn't honor that deal because they wouldn't make any money.

I will never, ever make another inquiry with them.

Also, they had a fleet of Masertis dying in a body shop parking lot about five minutes away. Crazy dirty interiors (windows must have been open for months), bird poop, dead batteries, and flat tires.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

No thanks.

The only nice thing was they drove me to "where Maseratis go to die" in a Giulia. About two weeks later, I bought a Quadrifoglio from someone else.

Steve

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
The local Ferrari/Maserati dealership in Herndon/Dulles began selling AR several months ago. I visited their showroom in April when I was in the market for my Giulia. I was underwhelmed by the sales service; it seemed as if the salesman was doing me a favor to speak with me. I ended up buying elsewhere because of selection, but I’ve been back once for a warranty concern. Recently, I made an appointment for my first scheduled maintenance. With every interaction with this dealer, I’ve gotten the distinct feeling that AR owners are the red-headed stepchild at the dealership. Has anyone else had similar experiences with this dealership?

I went there when I was first in the market for my Giulia QV they wanted 20k over the invoice (which is fine they are meeting supply and demand) but the way they told me was like if you are not here within the hour to buy it we don't want you basically haha. You are better off with Criswell (their service department is amazing) as well as Safford(sales manager is very friendly Eric).

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Eric at Safford is a nice guy....they also have competent service department, the whole place is a bit "fiat" but people are very pleasant and professional....
I had pleasant experience with Criswell audi in Annapolis, bought 2 A6 one S6 and one S4 from them.....wanted to get Alfa from Criswell too but they are a bit far for me (I am in Old Town Alexandria)

Glad I did not go to Herndon, can't stand snobs...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought my Giulia Ti from Eric at Safford. The experience was painless. I've had it in for service once at Safford and other than a delay figuring out how to correct the problem (sunroof would not open) I was satisfied. I'm bringing it soon for 4,000 oil change, tire rotation and software updates.

A friend bought his car from Criswell around the same time as mine and he waited several weeks delivery.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sorry to bump a old thread. I’ve recently gone into this dealership. They are surprisingly understaffed. I had to wait around for about 30 minutes before being helped. Whenever there was a customer just eyeing the Maserati’s, they seemed to just drop whoever they were working with and go assit the potential higher transaction customer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im glad this thread is here, I was contacted by one of the sales there and after hearing everyone's experience I don't think I should give them the time.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Disinterest, lies, and not caring about how good they doing their jobs. Sounds, like DC's biggest employer. When, I worked in DC I knew a girl that was an elevator operator in the senate building that only has 3 floors. Pushing a button was to much for the big shots to do. But, then so is pushing the button for the stop go feature in our Alfa's to much for the privileged lazy class. Go figure and fear for society.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yep we went there when first looking. Had to find a salesman and when he came he was rude. I looked at him and said I like the Alfa but would be interested in the Maserati but do to his poor attitude I will take my business elsewhere

·
Registered
2 Posts
Obvious issues with the Dulles/Sterling dealership. Tried several times to get attention and my first test drive the Alfa Giulia must have had tires over inflated because it drove like a rock. Not true as it drives sublime. Bought mine at Tysons and they were very good!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts