Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Went to Quirk Alfa Romeo/Fiat of Portland today and had a look at their selection of Giulias. Been going around to some of the dealers starting to talk numbers more seriously now but obviously a little hard when they don't have the car you're looking for, most are too expensive or just not what I want.

We agreed that leasing figures for the Giulia are not competitive, but the salesman I talked to today sounds very motivated to get people into these cars, as he seems to operate more on volume than prices. He was giving me quite good deals on stuff coming in soon, including a very good deal on a white Quadrifoglio coming in within the next month, but that is obviously out of my price range at the moment. Overall, we had a productive discussion today and I think patience will pay off, it looks like this dealership is offering better prices than anything in Massachusetts so far. That being said, I have been here several times over the years and this is actually the same dealer my mother bought her 2012 Fiat 500.

Black base with RWD and a MC Blue Ti with RWD

Black Ti with AWD and red interior, very nice!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hello all,

Went to Quirk Alfa Romeo/Fiat of Portland today and had a look at their selection of Giulias. Been going around to some of the dealers starting to talk numbers more seriously now but obviously a little hard when they don't have the car you're looking for, most are too expensive or just not what I want.

We agreed that leasing figures for the Giulia are not competitive, but the salesman I talked to today sounds very motivated to get people into these cars, as he seems to operate more on volume than prices. He was giving me quite good deals on stuff coming in soon, including a very good deal on a white Quadrifoglio coming in within the next month, but that is obviously out of my price range at the moment. Overall, we had a productive discussion today and I think patience will pay off, it looks like this dealership is offering better prices than anything in Massachusetts so far. That being said, I have been here several times over the years and this is actually the same dealer my mother bought her 2012 Fiat 500.

Black base with RWD and a MC Blue Ti with RWD

Black Ti with AWD and red interior, very nice!
Interesting.. they mount the factory front plate bracket prior to selling the car... that's over on the side where you have to go through the bumper, correct?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting.. they mount the factory front plate bracket prior to selling the car... that's over on the side where you have to go through the bumper, correct?
Both sides have little plugs with covers, I know the left (passenger side) is the tow hook and the right (drivers) is the conventional plate mount location, frankly I hate the OEM mount, it's crooked and looks terrible. I would be buying an aftermarket tow hook mount that can be adjusted a bit more and straightened out. There is no drilling to attach the plate on either side in these locations. In MA it is more common to get away with no front plate as the green plates don't require front, but in Maine there is no alternative, a front plate is required 100% of the time, and technically same in NH.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Both sides have little plugs with covers, I know the left (passenger side) is the tow hook and the right (drivers) is the conventional plate mount location, frankly I hate the OEM mount, it's crooked and looks terrible. I would be buying an aftermarket tow hook mount that can be adjusted a bit more and straightened out. There is no drilling to attach the plate on either side in these locations. In MA it is more common to get away with no front plate as the green plates don't require front, but in Maine there is no alternative, a front plate is required 100% of the time, and technically same in NH.
yes, that's true in MA, but there aren't a lot of green plates left. I decided i will take my chances, and now I notice a lot of cars in MA without front plates, and most of the cars have the red/white/blue plate on the back, which requires a front plate. Cool to hear that you had a good experience in Portland. Hopefully they can help you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts