Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I, like many of you, have read the numerous horror stories regarding poor dealer experiences so I felt the need to share a positive one. @BrettF at the new Newport Beach Alfa dealership was first class all the way when it came to setting up my appointment all the way through picking her back up.

• Went in for the first 10,000 mile service at a little over 8k. Covered at no charge with no hassles.
  • Had been having some Android Auto issues. They upgraded my software to the current version with the larger backup camera.
  • AC was not blowing cold, plus I have the annoying fan noise issue. They discovered a leak so there was no Freon/coolant. They replaced the hose and the condenser. It's blowing cold and no more fan noise.
  • While I wasn't on the recall list, I had a fuel gauge reading issue similar to the one described in the recall: complete with the parking on an incline scenario. They did that update as well.
  • They are working on expanding their used Alfa inventory so there wasn't a loaner available. No problem: Enterprise picked me up, took me around the corner and I was set up in a Challenger all at no cost.
  • Dropped the car off on Monday morning. Received regular updates from Brett throughout Monday and then early Tuesday until I was informed that it was ready for pick up, which I did this morning.

I live in Long Beach and am technically closer to the Downey dealership but this one is better for me as it relates to my job. I'm taking a new position within my company that will be taking me to LA but I'll still be coming here for any service needs and possible future purchases. Brett was fantastic and the entire experience was pain free. The dealership is moving from a Lamborghini/McLaren to solely Alfa. While being surrounded by these cars, I was not treated like a second class citizen even though I wasn't having a $200k car serviced.

Check them out. Ask for Brett: you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Larger backup camera? How do we get this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Want to also give my two thumbs up, 5+ star rating for Alfa Romeo Newport Beach and @BrettF , because man - it's difficult these days to find dealers (or any business really) with such high standards for exceptional customer service. Below my recent experience sent to Alfa Romeo Research:

Alfa Romeo Newport Beach did an exceptional job during my first Alfa Romeo service experience! I recently purchased a pre-owned 2017 Giulia, and was very anxious about having maintenance and service performed on the vehicle - in particular, I was distressed over an audio issue that was causing an annoying rattling sound from the passenger door, diminishing what is an otherwise extraordinarily well-performing vehicle.
Brett's expertise and competence very quickly assuaged any and all concerns I had. He handled everything with class and promptness, from appointment scheduling, warranty repair verification, alternative transportation offers, status updates, and the pick-up process.
The quality of the service work was also excellent, with all requested service being completed within a day, including battery, spark plug, brake pad, and rotor replacement; an oil change; and the elimination of the annoying passenger door rattling sound (I was informed the service technician removed, reinstalled, and retested the passenger door audio no less than 4 times to ensure the rattling was in fact eliminated).
Brett followed up after I picked up my Giulia to ensure the vehicle was running well - and it is! I feel very fortunate to have Alfa Romeo Newport Beach and Brett as my go-to dealer and service adviser, because I love my Giulia and will need a reliable source of expertise and exceptional service for future maintenance and service - thanks again Brett! ✌

·
Vendor
3,724 Posts
I, like many of you, have read the numerous horror stories regarding poor dealer experiences so I felt the need to share a positive one. @BrettF at the new Newport Beach Alfa dealership was first class all the way when it came to setting up my appointment all the way through picking her back up.

• Went in for the first 10,000 mile service at a little over 8k. Covered at no charge with no hassles.
  • Had been having some Android Auto issues. They upgraded my software to the current version with the larger backup camera.
  • AC was not blowing cold, plus I have the annoying fan noise issue. They discovered a leak so there was no Freon/coolant. They replaced the hose and the condenser. It's blowing cold and no more fan noise.
  • While I wasn't on the recall list, I had a fuel gauge reading issue similar to the one described in the recall: complete with the parking on an incline scenario. They did that update as well.
  • They are working on expanding their used Alfa inventory so there wasn't a loaner available. No problem: Enterprise picked me up, took me around the corner and I was set up in a Challenger all at no cost.
  • Dropped the car off on Monday morning. Received regular updates from Brett throughout Monday and then early Tuesday until I was informed that it was ready for pick up, which I did this morning.
I live in Long Beach and am technically closer to the Downey dealership but this one is better for me as it relates to my job. I'm taking a new position within my company that will be taking me to LA but I'll still be coming here for any service needs and possible future purchases. Brett was fantastic and the entire experience was pain free. The dealership is moving from a Lamborghini/McLaren to solely Alfa. While being surrounded by these cars, I was not treated like a second class citizen even though I wasn't having a $200k car serviced.

Check them out. Ask for Brett: you won't be disappointed.
Great to hear. For just opening too, this dealer is doing well in Feb. Nice review.

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Q2 Ti Sport (sunroof delete)
39 Posts
FYI: Just called Alfa Newport Beach (CA) to make 2nd yr service for my 2019 Giulia Ti Q2 (even tho I have only logged a total of 9975 miles). They have closed their location on Baker St in Costa Mesa & relocating to the Irvine Auto Center. Service will not be available for ~ 2 wks. I hope that is true as the Giulia "says" I am due for that service in 38 days. Hope warranty is not void if they cannot provide service within those 38 days!

·
Vendor
3,724 Posts
FYI: Just called Alfa Newport Beach (CA) to make 2nd yr service for my 2019 Giulia Ti Q2 (even tho I have only logged a total of 9975 miles). They have closed their location on Baker St in Costa Mesa & relocating to the Irvine Auto Center. Service will not be available for ~ 2 wks. I hope that is true as the Giulia "says" I am due for that service in 38 days. Hope warranty is not void if they cannot provide service within those 38 days!
They are not relocating. They sold their franchise and new owners will open Irvine dealership soon. There is Anaheim for now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts