Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We have CarWow to thank for this amazing rendering of the Alfa Romeo Giulia as a Rally car.

Don't see why the Giulia wouldn't make a great rally car as the Quadrifoglio trim is the fastest sedan on the Nurburgring last year with a time of 7:43. With that engine, the Giulia will just need a few body mods and a coat of rally paint before it's ready to race.

CarWow has added giant wings, splitters, fender flares, vents for days and the gorgeous Martini racing livery.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Do you really think that the Giulia will be made into a rally car? I mean it looks great, but I'm just not sure that it's in the cars. Is Alfa poised to invest in rally racing with the Alfa Romeo Giulia?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think Alfa Romeo is contemplating on joining the Motorsport scene but I doubt they're looking into a rally Giulia. Maybe formula one since Ferrari is it's own spinoff from FCA so Alfa could fill in that void but not rally.

It does look great but one can only dream for now.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you guys took even a cursory glance at the WRC rulebook you would note IMMEDIATELY how ridiculous this is. FIA requires a 1.6L turbocharged 4 cylinder, and some convoluted wheelbase/overhang equation that essentially requires you to use a small hatchback. So maybed the Giulietta but don't count on it.

Alfa's domain is the tarmac, not the dirt...

·
Registered
288 Posts
If you guys took even a cursory glance at the WRC rulebook you would note IMMEDIATELY how ridiculous this is. FIA requires a 1.6L turbocharged 4 cylinder, and some convoluted wheelbase/overhang equation that essentially requires you to use a small hatchback. So maybed the Giulietta but don't count on it.

Alfa's domain is the tarmac, not the dirt...
I'm sorry that I did not look up the rule book. Geez.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.