5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this and thought I'd share

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,907 Posts
What a horrid paint scheme.

Also, while my inner-teen giggles at "Goodwood," it vomits at "Goodwod." Gross.

Reactions: beaups

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
If the racing edition is actually faster than a normal QV wouldn’t they post numbers in order to actually sell them? Maybe run the ring’ one more time and try to crack under 7:30. Does a paint scheme and exposed CF roof now make a car a racing edition?
I recall @MacGeek saying there were no mechanical differences in the race edition. That paint scheme is so hideous you cant even really see the shape of the car. It's bizarre imo.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It comes standard with the CF seats and the CCBs, it has an akrapovic exhaust, a larger spoiler, canards, and some other aerospace by three door rocker. Not sure what else though.

I think it's racing edition because it looks like the Alfa F1 paint scheme.

The paint job has got to be good for at least 5HP #amirite

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool video, showing the front splitter deploy and retract a couple of times.
The Race Edition has 520 HP I believe.
I rewatched it. That was cool to see

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,617 Posts
I recall @MacGeek saying there were no mechanical differences in the race edition. That paint scheme is so hideous you cant even really see the shape of the car. It's bizarre imo.
If you can't make your car faster, paint it that so it confuses the competition? :)

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
@Avnyc11, I saw this and a similar Quad in Brescia at the start of the Mille Miglia. MacGeek said that they were not stock, but Swedish tuner cars.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
@Avnyc11, I saw this and a similar Quad in Brescia at the start of the Mille Miglia. MacGeek said that they were not stock, but Swedish tuner cars.
As is often the case, Andy, you're confused. As a result, your post is misrepresenting my words.

What happened is that you saw 3 different cars: the Giulia and Stelvio Quadrifoglio Alfa Romeo Racing, made by Alfa Romeo, and then you saw the Novidem Stelvio Quadrifoglio R 575, made by a Swiss (not Swedish) tuner.

You then proceeded to mix them up, conflating all of them into one, fooled by the similar livery of the tuner car and by how they were shadowing the genuine Racing versions, and eventually managed to convince yourself that Alfa Romeo made a 575hp Stelvio, which it did not.

That is what I told you then, and what I'm repeating you once again today.

Go reread the original topic: https://www.giuliaforums.com/threads/stelvio-r-575hp-giulia-quad-r.45318/

Please pay more attention in the future.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think this may be a longer version of the same.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Reactions: Chicago

·
Registered
570 Posts
I absolutely love this edition. It’s so unique. Also... I love whatever they did with the exhaust. What have they done there? It looks like a sort of carbon fiber sleeve. It appears that the rear is shiny now too?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.