Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
What mode?

I just assumed he was in Race mode for this lap but I don't appear to have a race mode that allows me to see the speed in the center like that. I would just be seeing the gear. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,405 Posts
I just assumed he was in Race mode for this lap but I don't appear to have a race mode that allows me to see the speed in the center like that. I would just be seeing the gear. Thoughts?
Pre prod qvs had speedo in cluster in race

And also handwriting on the center knob on the console arm rest

·
Registered
134 Posts
That is a great point, the US cars do not have the digital speedo when in Race mode. The other thing I noticed is the fabric around the gear shift. I like better than the hard plastic we have in the US.

·
Registered
765 Posts
That is a great point, the US cars do not have the digital speedo when in Race mode. The other thing I noticed is the fabric around the gear shift. I like better than the hard plastic we have in the US.
I just have the gear showing when in race mode.not sure if my car being a manual makes a difference.

·
Registered
86 Posts
How does he keep the rev counter close to redlining all the time even at <100kmph speeds when cornering/turning?

I see him shift up using the paddle shifters but don't see him ever shift down?

-krish

·
Registered
64 Posts
I see him shift up using the paddle shifters but don't see him ever shift down?
During breaking as hard as possible some automatics downshift on their own to support traction.
Even a 4gear 166 does do it. So i think, a giulia too.

Best regards
Waldek

·
Registered
446 Posts
If he is in race mode does that mean he is 100% in manual mode for shifting?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Race mode doesn't force him to use the paddles but I strongly suspect that he did throughout the lap without letting Auto kick in.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Not so much to do with Race mode (that disables TC, increases shift thresholds in auto, etc), but you can see from the video that the shifter is tilted left, and the +/- signs illuminated, meaning it was in full manual mode - meaning that upshifts are manual (or it bounces off the limiter), and downshifts are manual as well (i.e. can be shifted down manually and held). But if you don't shift down manually, and slow down to a speed that is not within the gear/rpm range, the car will still downshift for you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts