Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have a pair Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio carbon fiber front seats. Both seats are in great condition and I am trying to figure out if they are a direct fit to other Giulias and possibly 4Cs (with light modification). I think I heard of one person putting it in a 4C but couldn’t be sure. I heard the seats in the stock 4C flex easily.

My wife says I’m crazy but I really liked the seats in the Quadrifoglio and so bought the seats before I bought a car to put them in... (I think that it makes me a planner). ?

I’m also trying to figure out if I should get a Guilia or 4C. I bought the seats because I figured even if I were to buy a Guilia I wouldn’t be able to purchase the Quadrifoglio so I bought the seats to swap out whenever the time came. I figured the same thing as well if I were to go 4C since seat options aren’t great for the 4C. Thanks all.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Probably a direct fit to other Giulias but don't know. Now's a great time to weigh them though for future buyers trying to spec out the most lightweight version. I'm not sure anyone has quoted that yet.:wink2:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Well done OP, a bit fanatical, but well done!

Those Sparco seats are perhaps the best in the automotive world right now. I sat in them at the Chicago Auto Show and loved them. From their fit and driving position to aesthetics - they are works of art, no hyperbole.

I'd say stick them in a Giulia. Not sure about electronics/wiring compatibility, though I'd think it's more likely to work in a Giulia vs 4C. Maybe search for the Alfa Tech on these forums for a more detailed answer.

In any case, good luck, I like your spirit!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably a direct fit to other Giulias but don't know. Now's a great time to weigh them though for future buyers trying to spec out the most lightweight version. I'm not sure anyone has quoted that yet.:wink2:
My understanding is that the seats are 28lbs a piece. I will weight them on a scale later but that is what I remember from the pamphlets.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Nice. Where’d you get them? How much? While they are out of the car I’d get a film out on them, easier than when out in the car and protects from careless backseat passengers!

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
LOL this is crazy but we love crazy ;) Think you have to assume (or I would) they would fit any Giulia maybe would need modify the rails at best. Need a resident expert though to confirm

·
Registered
206 Posts
I figured you guys would be curious about the seats. Attached are the photos ?
Are you sure those are correct? I have a Giulia Quadrifoglio with carbon seats but I am pretty sure mine don't fold forward like yours seem to do - it's a 4 door car. For the same reason they don't have the strap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you sure those are correct? I have a Giulia Quadrifoglio with carbon seats but I am pretty sure mine don't fold forward like yours seem to do - it's a 4 door car. For the same reason they don't have the strap.
Hahaha I'm sure. I guess the pics made them seem more like the Sparco SPX seats.

The seat weren't folded forward.... that was the seat back adjusted forward and the strap you see is for the seat belt not to release the back and fold it forward :) See attached picture from Alfa Romeo :)

Attachments

·
Registered
619 Posts
the sparco seats have a different mounting bracket/rails than the standard giulia seats. there were several sellers on ebay selling the sparco seat mounting brackets from a wrecked car. have a look on ebay.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hahaha I'm sure. I guess the pics made them seem more like the Sparco SPX seats.

The seat weren't folded forward.... that was the seat back adjusted forward and the strap you see is for the seat belt not to release the back and fold it forward :) See attached picture from Alfa Romeo :)
Mine still look different. I have no strap and the seat back lever appears to be different from mine.

Also, I can't quite see the seat height adjustment button or the little "sparco" tag on yours. I hope you weren't sold knock-offs!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the sparco seats have a different mounting bracket/rails than the standard giulia seats. there were several sellers on ebay selling the sparco seat mounting brackets from a wrecked car. have a look on ebay.
Mine have the mounting brackets for the Giulia Quadrifoglio... will have to look into that. I couldn't find the seat mounts you were speaking of on ebay. Could you post a link?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mine still look different. I have no strap and the seat back lever appears to be different from mine.

Also, I can't quite see the seat height adjustment button or the little "sparco" tag on yours. I hope you weren't sold knock-offs!
They have both the height adjustment button and the 2 sparco tags on either side of the bolsters :) They are the real deal.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,153 Posts
Don't the seats have air bags built into the bolsters? I would think that would make swapping the seats difficult.

A missing auto-seat back function may cause errors to be thrown. Likewise for the seat heaters.

Too bad the Sparcos are not available with the Alfa red leather upholstery and seat heaters.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't the seats have air bags built into the bolsters? I would think that would make swapping the seats difficult.

A missing auto-seat back function may cause errors to be thrown. Likewise for the seat heaters.

Too bad the Sparcos are not available with the Alfa red leather upholstery and seat heaters.

The carbon seats do not have airbags. So no issues there. :)

The carbon seats once plugged in should be fine regarding the auto-seat back function. It'll plug in like factory so no errors but since the lateral movement of the seat is manual the signal will be received but no seat motors to be triggered. That's how it is in the QV... the standard seats move back and forth and the carbon seats don't. :/

I agree red would have cool so would have heated and cooled seats.... but my guess is that it would have made the seat too fat/heavy.

·
Registered
423 Posts

The carbon seats once plugged in should be fine regarding the auto-seat back function. It'll plug in like factory so no errors but since the lateral movement of the seat is manual the signal will be received but no seat motors to be triggered. That's how it is in the QV... the standard seats move back and forth and the carbon seats don't. :/

I agree red would have cool so would have heated and cooled seats.... but my guess is that it would have made the seat too fat/heavy.
Agreed.

I live in a state where it's winter ~6 months of the year and I still want the Sparco seats!

Love (and will miss!) my heated leather Recaros in the Evo, but the Sparcos are too sweet to pass up!

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,153 Posts

Have you (or anyone else) actually done a seat swap, particularly putting the Sparcos in a Ti? If the BCM or whatever queries the seat module and doesn't get the desired response, I would think that errors would be thrown. If fake responses are given, I have to wonder about stuff like air bag effectiveness.

The Giulia crash tests were apparently done with a base model with the seat bolster air bags. I wonder if a car with the Sparco seats would do as well.

None of the Giulia seats are cooled. I find heated seats are a "nice to have" feature but not really mandatory for me given how fast the car warms up, even when it is -5F outside.

I won't give up my Italian red leather though. Maybe someday I'll find a torn up set of Sparcos and have them re-upholstered.

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
1,026 Posts
This thread died without a final resolution. Has anyone successfully swapped original seats with Sparcos in a QF and vice versa? I may be in a position to swap seats with someone. I'm looking at purchasing a QF with Sparcos, but I won't want the Sparcos, so if someone else does I'd be willing to do a straight swap for original seats. This, of course, is only an option if it's actually possible to swap seats without issue. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
This thread died without a final resolution. Has anyone successfully swapped original seats with Sparcos in a QF and vice versa? I may be in a position to swap seats with someone. I'm looking at purchasing a QF with Sparcos, but I won't want the Sparcos, so if someone else does I'd be willing to do a straight swap for original seats. This, of course, is only an option if it's actually possible to swap seats without issue. Can anyone confirm?
Only just saw this thread. AFAIK if you have the seat rails attached, all seats fit all Giulias. The seats mounting positions are exactly the same using M10 screws. The only thing to note is Sparcos are manual seats so you can swap into another Giulia with standard manual seats fitted including the Qf and 2.0 versions. The only thing to check is if the Sparcos come with the airbag connector, if not you will get an airbag error on the driver's instrument cluster. If you have electric seats then obviously you may get other errors in addition to the seat heating button not working as the Sparcos do not have a heating element fitted.

EDIT: Also found this info from someone who fitted it to a Stelvio.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts