·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It looks to me that Alfa is OK with having its pricing be slightly higher than that of BMW. ALthough knowing BMW, options may make that initial price difference moot.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Most everything useful comes standard in the QV model unless they charge extra for certain colors and wheels. Everything else that's not included doesn't seem all that important like those trunk cargo hooks or a cooled glove box.

·
Registered
193 Posts
hmmm it will be all about leases... can alfa get payments down to the 3-400 that gets everyone into base white 3 series?
Remember that Alfa is splitting the HP difference between the 328 (soon to be 330i) and 340. The 330i starts at ~38K and the 340i is 46K. The Base Giulia's 276HP is almost exactly halfway between the two Bimmers (248HP for the 330 and 320HP for the 340).

So I guess I'm saying - if launch price is indeed 40K for the 2.0T - then the Giulia should be fairly competitive so long as the options list isn't outrageous. And it needs to be competitive on price if Alfa truly wants to build the brand in America.

·
Registered
420 Posts
What does help is right now banks are more easy going with lending and that will helps brands overall to secure more volume, so all Alfa has to do is follow through with making pricing ideal and slot well within the market. Even just having a GOOD product alone helps and the Giulia seems to be it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Even if it's slightly higher than the bimmer range, I think it'll still take the market. Just because this car has definitely generated a huge buzz. The bmw guys already have interest in switching to the Giulia so I mean, kind of already in the clear if you've already caught the bimmer enthusiasts, the regular consumers should have no issues

·
Registered
161 Posts
I suspect that most but not all consumers under the age of 40 are really not all that familiar with Alfa, (at least in the US market), so there's a real opportunity to have a fresh start and introduction with a lot of new buyers if the price is reasonable and kept mostly in line with the segment. Lets hope that FCA would be smart and use more advertising to get the word out.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Definitely, more advertising is one thing, but it needs to be effective advertising that targets that range of market we're looking for. The advertisements that really focus on the performance and exhaust notes, those really hit the earlier generation guys because that's their primary focuses.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Even the Quadrifoglio Brochure is no longer available on the site to download, they removed it!
They are probably putting up the online configurator and transitioning to a site that actually has pricing information and building the car.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Did anyone think we would be heading into Thanksgiving and still no pricing (or release date) information. Unbelievable! At this point I cannot see any Giulia's (QF or any trim) being sold in calendar year 2016. If they hold off until Late February FCA can call it a 2018 model which may be their masterplan?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Did anyone think we would be heading into Thanksgiving and still no pricing (or release date) information. Unbelievable! At this point I cannot see any Giulia's (QF or any trim) being sold in calendar year 2016. If they hold off until Late February FCA can call it a 2018 model which may be their masterplan?
I think most of the delay probably has to do with setup of financing to get the dealerships setup for deals/leasing etc. I know that takes a lot espeically for the new dealerships that haven't had much support. Maybe that is it, maybe not. I have heard a confirmation yes to the month of December so lets wait and see.

1 - 20 of 319 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.