Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,205 Posts
I’m about to have the same set up as you.. the BMC air filter with the V1 intake. My first choice is the V2 intake, but it is a little too expensive right now.. how much horsepower would you say gained (atleast 5?) better throttle response? Eventually I am going to upgrade to the V2.
Any power difference from the filter alone?
Posting the same question in different threads does not net you a different answer. An intake without a tune will net you nothing more than a potential for more intake sounds. As stated before, this is not Forza Motorsports on XBOX, or The Fast and The Furious. Personally if I were you, I would save up for a new exhaust. You have the potential to gain some power, and will definitely gain some better sound.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I sort of question the wisdom of a high flow filter on a direct injection engine... The valves don't need any help getting dirty

·
Registered
583 Posts
I’m about to have the same set up as you.. the BMC air filter with the V1 intake. My first choice is the V2 intake, but it is a little too expensive right now.. how much horsepower would you say gained (atleast 5?) better throttle response? Eventually I am going to upgrade to the V2.
My personal impression is that the main difference between the V1 + BMC and V2 is the increased amount of turbo spool noise you get with the V2. Which may be worth the price depending on what you are looking for.
As far as behind the wheel sensation from changing the air filter if you are just driving on the road with other traffic I think it's subtle at best. But then I put the factory filter back pre 30k service at the dealer because that's one of the components they check. I haven't bothered putting the BMC back but that's just me.

·
Registered
722 Posts
My personal impression is that the main difference between the V1 + BMC and V2 is the increased amount of turbo spool noise you get with the V2. Which may be worth the price depending on what you are looking for.
As far as behind the wheel sensation from changing the air filter if you are just driving on the road with other traffic I think it's subtle at best. But then I put the factory filter back pre 30k service at the dealer because that's one of the components they check. I haven't bothered putting the BMC back but that's just me.
I have the V2 from EC and personally I like the noises it makes. I am debating whether or not to put the original filter back on for service trips to the dealership. Since I purchased the car (versus leasing), I'm actually thinking to just keep the V2 on and tell them to skip any air filter checking. I'll clean re-oil the filter as needed of course. As for power boost with the V2 I didn't feel much if any but then I haven't put my JB4 on yet...;)

·
Vendor
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Vendor
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Looking to replace the restrictive stock air filter in your Alfa Romeo Giulia?

This is one of the best Direct Replacement Air Filter available for your Alfa!

OEM paper filters present an elevated resistance to the passage of air and consequently a reduction in engine performance. Compared to a paper filter the BMC air filter permits a notably higher air flow passage, producing less than half the Pressure Drop over the paper filters.

To get this High Flow BMC Air Filter for your Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0L please visit the link below:
Alfa Romeo - Alfa Romeo Giulia Performance Air Filter by BMC - 2.0L Engines - MADNESS Autoworks - Auto Parts and Accessories

21 - 26 of 26 Posts