Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. My name is Paul. Proud Giulia owner here in the Rochester, New York area. I've seen a fair amount of Giulias in the past year or so, and especially since this spring. Are there any other Giulia owners part of the forum interested in getting together for a meet and greet? I've come across many Alfas on the road but have never actually conversed with their drivers. I should say this isn't limited to Giulia owners specifically. Stelvio, 4c, 164, Spiders...any Alfisti. I'm definitely interested in meeting some fellow Alfisti in the area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
question about dealer

I am contemplating a lease of new Giulia, have you worked much with the local dealer and if so how have they been or conversely where are you servicing your car? Currently drive a BMW335 with a stick
Thanks

·
Registered
294 Posts
Dorschel is fine for service but the prices were insanity when I leased. I saved nearly $200 a month for the same MSRP going to Albany. Good experience overall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for getting back. Drove Giulia yesterday and it was a hoot. There was a decided lack of wanting to negotiate from Dorschel, "they give the best price up front" . I have a friend who is also looking we were thinking of a 2 car deal, Dorschel did not seem to care. Also looking at a bunch of other cars couple of Volvos (S60 and XC40) couple BMWs ([email protected] M35 and 330) A4 and the Mini Hybrid. I know all over the place, my extremely better half tells me I love the hunt

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
ROC is my hometown, and my Giulia and I are regular visitors. If you see one with a Michigan plate (no front, so nice), it's likely me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dorschel is garbage, they always claim the best price but in reality are just horrible. I think prices in Rochester in general are pretty bad, it seems like no one is willing to make a decent deal. I was looking at A4s as well and the Audi dealership would not negotiate either. I ended up getting my Alfa in Mechanicsville PA. I wont bother going to any Rochester dealers again, good thing I don't mind driving to get a deal, in this case around 10k off MSRP!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Dorschel / Alfa Rochester was the first Alfa dealer we hit up in Feb of 2017, when they basically had 2-3 showroom cars and nothing else and couldn't test drive what they had in the showroom. Went back about a month later when they finally had some inventory and cars to drive. Made up our mind that day we wanted a Giulia, but Dorschel sales staff left a lot to be desired, wouldn't budge from MSRP and wanted a HUGE deposit on a custom order despite the fact that they only had like 10-12 cars on the lot and none of them were configured anywhere close to what we wanted. Then considered Towne Alfa Romeo in Buffalo, again didn't get a great feeling trying to work with the sales staff.

Ended up at Ken Pollock Alfa Romeo in Wilkes Barre PA. They were great to work with on the sales side over the phone and by email. Put my order in with Alfa, provided updates, felt bad when Alfa stuck the first batch of 2018 Giulias in GiuliaJail, so they went and picked it up in their own enclosed trailer at the port of Baltimore as soon as the cars were released. They delivered to my house. And they do complimentary pickup and delivery for services as well, including dropping off an Alfa loaner. I couldn't ask for a better Alfa dealer. I'm glad I didn't go with either Dorschel or Towne, as there is no way their level of service would live up to what KP is providing me.

Scheduling my 30k service this afternoon with KP.

And no, Billy Fuccillo doesn't sell Alfas up here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
sorry to hijack this thread but really appreciate the responses. If I do end up getting a Giulia I promise to track down Paul the thread starter. The Dorschel stuff is really spot on. The Mini I am looking at is a Hybrid and their "best price" is MSRP minus tax credits which they are keeping. At least with the BMW there are lots of options including any dealer in USA with their performance center delivery. On a positive Giulia note, it really was fun to drive, particularly right after the Mini, just a little difference in handling and acceleration :)

The drive moved it up the list.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Enjoy the hunt, look for you deals, but if you get tired remember this: you can think of MSRP as a contribution to the F1 teams of Sauber /Alfa AND Scuderia Ferrari. Maybe it's just my position and I can afford it, but that gave me a lot of peace and sense of liberty around the original rush, hubbub about the Ring record, awards, and so-called markups. This eliminated the markups while still leaving some meat on the bone for dealer allocation. Exact spec paid for that profit instantly in my mind. Rosso Comp on Ice trim. Bright 5-holes, Yellow calipers. Tricolori, Ferrari-esque. All the salesmen were gobsmacked when my car arrived :D

Oh and maybe more to this point, if you can somehow scrape together the funds to get a Quad, DO IT and patiently wait...avoiding the instant gratification of a Ti or showroom car. The Quad is worth it. See my timeline ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quad thoughts

I would have a choice of a Quad or my wife and all this time I would choose my wife over any car (or thing I really hit the lottery with her 36 years in and going strong) Its not a money thing it is how stupid fast do I need to go on the streets. I am not a track person or a wrench. So the hunt continues gut the Giulia is definitely on the short list

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow haven't seen this thread since around the time I made it, but yea I tried with Dorschel, and while they gave me a decent effort last year to come down on a price of a similarly spec'd Giulia (Ti Sport, Red) I found mine in Erie, PA. Better service and I didn't have to put down a dime, and between AR incentives and dealer discount they knocked off nearly $8,600 (MSRP was $47,090). Took the 2.5 hour drive down and a few hours later I left with my baby.

Rounderman, if you'd like PM me and I can talk more about my Dorschel experience (for service also).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts