1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I decided to get the aftermarket LED projection kit from the dealer since the one I posted is not available.

What I like about the aftermarket LED kit that I am purchasing is that is will display the colored Alfa Romeo logo as opposed to the script.

I'll take pics and post once I pick up the car next week.

I am excited with this option.

Thanks

Reactions: rav and iBSSR

·
Registered
8 Posts
I decided to get the aftermarket LED projection kit from the dealer since the one I posted is not available.

What I like about the aftermarket LED kit that I am purchasing is that is will display the colored Alfa Romeo logo as opposed to the script.

Is this a dealer part ? cuz I cannot see anything on the alfa romeo website ?, can you provide some pics pls

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Is this a dealer part ? cuz I cannot see anything on the alfa romeo website ?, can you provide some pics pls
It is a dealer part. You won't find it on the Alfa Romeo website.

They have not installed it yet. In about 2 months they will.

Reason for the wait is they only have the old Alfa logo and not the new one yet.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For those of you that have these lights, did you only put them on the front doors or also the rear doors?

Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm most likely going to get these and the CF sill "protectors" too. My spring/summer project :D

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
does anyone have a coupon code for the oem lights from moparonlineparts.com?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Reviews from postings on Amazon for the lights (both logo and script) have been poor...mostly stating that the lights work for awhile and then stop working. Not sold on the idea, but like the concept.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I saw this thread before purchasing my ‘18 - and don’t see promised pics of actual results : I’m curious about the logo.
The Alfa script looks formal/classic.. and the logo, being color - cool in its own way. Then a large difference in cost...
Any definitive comments? And with either, is there enough illumination in the dark to help - say, find that dropped 1000
Lire note? thanks
VR

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
So I saw this thread before purchasing my ‘18 - and don’t see promised pics of actual results : I’m curious about the logo.
The Alfa script looks formal/classic.. and the logo, being color - cool in its own way. Then a large difference in cost...
Any definitive comments? And with either, is there enough illumination in the dark to help - say, find that dropped 1000
Lire note? thanks
VR
Hope you turned those things in for euro a long time ago!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would recommend the OEM script.

While the logo is actually nicer, since it is non-OEM, the longevity of the light is definitely in question.

Thanks

Reactions: Boo2boy

·
Registered
316 Posts
I would recommend the OEM script.

While the logo is actually nicer, since it is non-OEM, the longevity of the light is definitely in question.

Thanks
I actually tried the logo from amazon and thought it was a bit much. I ended up picking up the OEM script from EC. Much more subtle. I did buy some cheap non-oem script versions from ebay and there is a slight difference in the swoop of the “R”. Only noticeable if you compare side by side tho.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
i Would love the quadrifoglio logo any one see it. thinking of putting the alfa script up front and quadrifoglio on rear doors.
I got these on Aliexpress. They actually seemed better made than the oem ones, and brighter LED’s instead of incandescent bulbs, came with extra QV logo film discs and a plastic prybar. I though they were defective because right after installing them and admiring them on my garage door they proceeded to blink a few times and then died. I contacted the seller and he explained this was the way they were designed and after being on for a while blink three times and shut off to protect from overheating. Sure enough he was right and they worked fine the next time I opened the doors.

Contrary to what many people think LED’s do produce heat, just at a different place, and can overheat the supporting electronics and burn them out. I was pleasantly surprised they were designed with protection in mind. You can also rotate the projector barrels to orient the logos properly and put the QV logos in the proper orientation to math the car’s badges, stem to the rear kinda opposite the way a US flag has the pole in the front on a military uniform...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.