Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
...so what, it is like u buy a new furniture & insted of enjoying it , looking at colors & finish, you cover IT to protect !? FOR next
life ??? Never be able to fully appreciate what you choose to buy ???
pathetic .............one word

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
...so what, it is like u buy a new furniture & insted of enjoying it , looking at colors & finish, you cover IT to protect !? FOR next
Not sure I follow this.....?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I don't think people are buying this to protect the silver V, they're buying it because they like the look of the carbon fiber more. Not sure how that's pathetic...

·
Super Moderator
2,990 Posts
Kind of hard to compare a car to a sofa. As appliances go, they don't have any character and I don't have an emotional attachment to them. I've got to admit that a lot of cars do fall into the appliance category, they have no soul, no character, and, no emotional attachment.

Alfa Romeo, any Alfa, breaks away from that depersonalized mold with character, passion and emotional appeal. Car owners enjoy personalizing their beloved horseless carriage (car for short).

"Check out my new toaster! Isn't she the greatest. With 50,000 BTU's, she can cook ten slices of toast in under five seconds. Check out this red on/off switch I added. I can even turn it on from the other room with my phone."

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

·
Registered
722 Posts
Madness - are those Carbon Fiber V’s in stock and do they just snap in place, or do I need to remove the engine? (Or somewhere in between 😆 ). In other words is this an easy DIY?

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Madness - are those Carbon Fiber V’s in stock and do they just snap in place, or do I need to remove the engine? (Or somewhere in between 😆/forum/images/smilies/)gif. In other words is this an easy DIY?
They are a cover piece designed to fit over the factory chrome piece and fix into place using mounting tape or epoxy. The motor stays right where it is.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Thanks, sounds very simple. I was hoping to get a tax refund and buy some cool bits like that. I didn't get that so will have save up a few pennies.

·
Registered
351 Posts
These are so nice. Would go well on the Stromboli Grey I’m thinking!

Giulia Veloce. Stromboli Grey, Remus catback, red calipers, HK, black sports leather, sunroof. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Thanks, sounds very simple. I was hoping to get a tax refund and buy some cool bits like that. I didn't get that so will have save up a few pennies.
Even the MOPAR version which replaces the center grill does not involve excessive disassembly of the car. The front fascia does have to come off, roughly 1-2 hours of work to remove and re-install, best done with enough people on hand that it does not get dropped and scratched up and with plenty of soft padding to set it on.

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

·
Registered
110 Posts
put mine on this weekend along with the emblem cover. I used a two in one epoxy from Gorillla Glue to hold it on as double sided tape would have me a little concerned at higher speeds. The emblem went on no problem and I used longer wire ties to hold the V in place until it cured. Very happy with mine

·
Registered
351 Posts
put mine on this weekend along with the emblem cover. I used a two in one epoxy from Gorillla Glue to hold it on as double sided tape would have me a little concerned at higher speeds. The emblem went on no problem and I used longer wire ties to hold the V in place until it cured. Very happy with mine

The Carbon v looks great on your car. Nice! I want one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #76

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #77 (Edited)

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I ordered mine more than 5 weeks ago and I am still waiting
Any word when this will be back in stock? I ordered mine a while ago...
Hi hg999 and BGorilla,

My name is Jason and I'm the Operations Manager at our Texas location.

I wanted to edit the original post and clarify some mis-information. We are in the process of training our new social media team member that is assisting with forum posts and replies.

Thank you for reaching out!

The Alfa Romeo Giulia V-Shields have been a really hot item and as soon as we get them in they're sold!

We've bumped our order of them to be able to keep more in stock and have a couple of different orders of carbon fiber that these V-Shields are in.

Some are wrapping up production and some are shipping out to us with delivery within the next 5-7 business days.

We will be more than happy to look into your specific order(s) and give you a more accurate ETA.

I will send you both a PM now!

61 - 80 of 92 Posts