Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
And there is the exact reason I will never get a BOV.

!00% agree ----that was the final determining factor for me, glad I went with the DV+ (GFB) setup. The EC V2 intake offers just the right amount of sound, in my opinion--without being obnoxious like the BOV (and video guy :sneaky:)

·
Vendor
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
And there is the exact reason I will never get a BOV.
!00% agree ----that was the final determining factor for me, glad I went with the DV+ (GFB) setup. The EC V2 intake offers just the right amount of sound, in my opinion--without being obnoxious like the BOV...)
That is why we offer the Turbosmart Blow off valve in two styles.

The Plumb Back version that revert all gases back into the inlet track for those looking for improved performance while maintaining a more refined engine sound
Alfa Romeo - Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2.0L Blow Off Valve by Turbosmart - Plumb Back - MADNESS Autoworks - Auto Parts and Accessories

The Dual Port version that vents into the atmosphere for those that want the louder blow off sound.
Alfa Romeo - Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2.0L Blow Off Valve by Turbosmart - Dual Port - MADNESS Autoworks - Auto Parts and Accessories

·
Registered
107 Posts
That is why we offer the Turbosmart Blow off valve in two styles.

The Plumb Back version that revert all gases back into the inlet track for those looking for improved performance while maintaining a more refined engine sound
Alfa Romeo - Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2.0L Blow Off Valve by Turbosmart - Plumb Back - MADNESS Autoworks - Auto Parts and Accessories

The Dual Port version that vents into the atmosphere for those that want the louder blow off sound.
Alfa Romeo - Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2.0L Blow Off Valve by Turbosmart - Dual Port - MADNESS Autoworks - Auto Parts and Accessories
Performance wise which one does a better job? Also, is it possible for a video on both?

·
Vendor
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Performance wise which one does a better job? Also, is it possible for a video on both?
Blazinhassan,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The performance differences between the two versions of the Turbosmart Blow Off Valve are minimal if any at all.

Both offer improvements over the stock valve by improving the performance of the turbocharger by minimizing leakages and providing quick responses.

Both are durable and reliable, featuring a billet aluminum and brass construction. With integrated pressure control and high-temperature solenoid valve as well as high-temperature o-rings.

Unfortunately we have not yet been able to get video comparisons of the two different valves.

Thank you again and please let us know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,301 Posts
I'm assuming this would void the turbo warranty?
Well, there is no specific turbo warranty, and wholesale voiding of the warranty would be illegal, so no is the answer, although it certainly could lead to a warranty claim denial on a turbo repair if it was found to be the cause of the problem/failure.

·
Vendor
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I'm assuming this would void the turbo warranty?
Well, there is no specific turbo warranty, and wholesale voiding of the warranty would be illegal, so no is the answer, although it certainly could lead to a warranty claim denial on a turbo repair if it was found to be the cause of the problem/failure.
Tippster,

Thank you for your inquiry.

As chaadster said the warranty claims are often approved or denied by the Tech or Service Manager if they can find the modification is what caused the part failure.

The safest route when modifying a vehicle under warranty, is to have a conversation with the Service Manager and see if they are comfortable with modifications.

Many Dealerships and Service Departments around the nation are Okay with the modifications we provide and will honor warranty and service when the vehicle has been modified.

·
Vendor
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
41 - 50 of 50 Posts