Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I wil chime in-------installed the GFB DV+.......NOTICEABLE difference! Pull feels harder, and seemingly higher into the RPM range. Easily worth the $140 and 20 minutes it takes to install. Highly recommended!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
How do you get to the bottom bolt ? It looks tight access in situ.
1/4 inch drive wobble extension. I don't think the wobble is needed to get the OEM bolt out, but I do think it is needed to get the replacement bolt in.
Also, be certain you do not start a new set of threads in your expensive plastic manifold; at best you will weaken the threads and at worst you will strip out the threads.

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Blazinhassan, Tmkopp,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Our shop has been very busy with customer's vehicles the last week. As a result we haven't been able to install the Turbosmart blow off valve on our Giulia yet.

As soon as we can get our Giulia in we will update everyone and give our I.T. department some time to edit and upload some updated images and sound videos to our website.

We appreciate your patience on this matter.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I wil chime in-------installed the GFB DV+.......NOTICEABLE difference! Pull feels harder, and seemingly higher into the RPM range. Easily worth the $140 and 20 minutes it takes to install. Highly recommended!
Can someone explain how this would be possible. I had one and found it pretty much obeyed the same laws of physics as the old one so I got rid of it.

Maybe with a MT some benefit between shifts?

·
Registered
257 Posts
What I noticed was smoother roll off / roll on of power in corners and turns (we have a lot of nice Carolina Two Lane through the rolling countryside and foothills). Before putting in the DV+ the turbo seemed more like a switch; either all on or all off.

I installed mine 2 days after installed the BMC Air Filter, that did make a difference in how the car seemed to pull.

A week later I put on the Remus cat back exhaust and the installed the MPP. Now THAT definitely made a difference in how the car pulled.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Can someone explain how this would be possible. I had one and found it pretty much obeyed the same laws of physics as the old one so I got rid of it.

Maybe with a MT some benefit between shifts?
Clearly you understand that a different/stronger spring combo , improved seal, and metal plunger(s) make a difference when it comes to HOLDING boost pressure------right?
My stock valve was not broken, but comparing the materials and function of the stock valve to this........a person would have to be naive to assert that there is no difference.
This is not my first....or second...or third Turbo'd car, so I can say I understand "Physics" just fine there partner :sneaky:(y)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Pretty easy to see if your car is holding its boost setpoint with an Obd2 scanner... Hint, the stock OEM valve (of not broken) can hold all the boost its required too

·
Registered
58 Posts
Clearly you understand that a different/stronger spring combo , improved seal, and metal plunger(s) make a difference when it comes to HOLDING boost pressure------right?
My stock valve was not broken, but comparing the materials and function of the stock valve to this........a person would have to be naive to assert that there is no difference.
This is not my first....or second...or third Turbo'd car, so I can say I understand "Physics" just fine there partner :sneaky:(y)
Sorry I should have phrased my question differently, thanks for the response.

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
@MADNESS Autoworks what is the difference between blow off and plumb?
Blazinhassan,

Thank you for reaching out about the differences between the Blow Off style and Plumb Back style Turbosmart valves.

The main difference being the Plumb Back version of the valve directs all bypass gasses back into the turbo system whereas the Blow Off version of the valve splits the gasses between the turbo system and venting into the atmosphere.

Both offer better leak protection, and quicker actuation over the stock valve.

The Dual port style of the valve will have the atmospheric turbo dumping sound many drivers want from their turbocharged vehicles. That "whoosh" sound.

The Plumb Back style will be a much quieter and subtle sound change while still providing the enhanced response and performance from the valve.

Dual Port
Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0L Blow Off Valve by Turbosmart - Dual Port - MADNESS Autoworks - Auto Parts and Accessories

Plumb Back
Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0L Blow Off Valve by Turbosmart - Plumb Back - MADNESS Autoworks - Auto Parts and Accessories

Please feel free to reach out to us directly if you have any other questions.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts