Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm interpreting that as with the Squadra Tune, you pick up 30-40hp, not thst stock it is making over 300hp

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well from reading it with the translate option it seems they are alluding that Alfa gave out lower numbers on purpose. I never saw a hint of a tune. Maybe someone fluent in Dutch can translate better.

On some other notes, contacted Eibach and am awaiting a call back as to when their Spring Set they have listed will be available. Also contacted SuperSprint who emailed back that they are currently developing an Exhaust!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well from reading it with the translate option it seems they are alluding that Alfa gave out lower numbers on purpose. I never saw a hint of a tune. Maybe someone fluent in Dutch can translate better.

On some other notes, contacted Eibach and am awaiting a call back as to when their Spring Set they have listed will be available. Also contacted SuperSprint who emailed back that they are currently developing an Exhaust!
Oh I'm excited to hear about springs. These are on my todo list right after spacers.

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts

Any word from SuperSprint about the exhaust?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Source below.

Sqaudra's findings concluded the 200hp and 280hp versions were identical to each other. I wonder how much more the 280hp can go for a reliable daily tune. They seem to think the engine was designed for 400hp. Maybe new ECU Tune plus fueling? We'll see...

The 200 hp version that would deliver to the factory 200 hp and 330 Nm, delivers in real life 380 Nm and 230 hp. That's 50 hp and 30 Nm more than promised by Alfa Romeo. The Veloce version which is in the directory of 400 Nm and 280 hp scored 460 Nm and 310 hp.
https://www.squadra-tuning.nl/chiptuning/alfa-romeo/giulia/2-0-turbo-upgraden-280-pk/

·
Registered
57 Posts
To clarify, Squadra's findings relate to the factory engine, not post-tune. It's not surprising that they make more power than advertised - the 1750 TBi in the Giulietta did too, 260 instead of 235bhp.

Not that it matters to Americans, but the 200bhp engine is currently physically the same as the 280, but detuned. However this won't necessarily remain the case forever. It could be a result of production constraints and efficiencies - i.e. easier to make a single engine right now. Once those are removed, they may differentiate the parts.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,910 Posts
OTOH, these guys show a much lower output with a peak at a lower RPM.

http://www.ragazzon.com/file_public...Giulia_952__2.0T_Q4_57.0114.00+50.0718.00.pdf

The upper curve is with their exhaust pipe.

Given that it is likely that nobody except AR is measuring the actual engine output, but instead they are measuring rear wheel HP, each measurement has some "fudge factors" to estimate driveline and dyno losses and variations in those factors might account for some of the variability in the published values.

·
Registered
57 Posts
From the numbers I would think (don't know) that the Ragazzon figures are at the wheel, and the Squadra ones incorporate an estimate of losses, hence the difference in headline power. Why the early drop off on the former, I don't know. We're still in a place where people are having issues just dyno testing the car reliably, so I don't read too much into any one account. I do trust Squadra though, they know their stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts